Chosing the right path…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Chosing the right path…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 9:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TM2287
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 3:00 pm #176279
    Chosing the right path…

My dating life has been eventful over the last year or so. At the end of the summer last year, an old flame and I got back in touch with each other after about 6 years. We were on and off flings while in college, but never equated into anything more mainly because of timing. It seemed like when one of us was single, the other was in a relationship and vice versa. I always wanted more, but we never had a discussion about it.
    Well last year we went on our first real date. For a few weeks things were going great, but again, she was fresh out of a 6 year relationship. I came on strongly because my old feelings came flooding back quickly, and the conversation died out. After that, I decided to join a dating site to find someone who was at the same point of life as myself. Fast forward to February. I have been dating someone for 3 months, and then the old flame reached out on social media. (I haven’t posted anything about dating, and we don’t have many mutual friends, so she was unaware).

TM2287
    Participant
    June 5, 2018 at 3:00 pm #176280

She explained how she wasn’t ready to hop into another relationship 6 months ago and apologized for the way it ended between us. We started connecting again after we put everything out on the table in regards to our feelings and expectations. We talked every day for about a month, but I was still dating the woman I met on the dating site. We agreed to cut ties until I figure out what path I want to go down. The woman I am dating is great, but I’ve had my doubts for months. She lives about an hour away so the road time has been starting to get to me since she doesn’t like driving on highways. I like her, but I feel like there is something missing. Now that we are about 6 months in, I feel like I need to make a decision and think about our futures, but I find myself thinking about the old flame a lot.

TM2287
    Participant
    June 7, 2018 at 9:13 am #176282

I am not the type that would date 2 girls at once, and even though I have considered ending my current relationship, I can’t bring myself to hurt her. Both woman are incredible. One woman I am in a relationship with but have doubts, and the other I have always wanted a relationship but never worked out.
    Should I end it with the current woman I am dating? To either pursue a true relationship with the old flame or find someone else who doesn’t give me any doubt.
    Should I come clean with her, and see if we can make it work?
    Am I thinking too much into the old feelings?