Cockblocked by co-worker

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Cockblocked by co-worker

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kai83
    kai83
    Participant
    November 6, 2018 at 1:51 pm #188843
    Cockblocked by co-worker

Okay, so I built a good rapport with a girl at work, let’s call her Jen; we had mutual interests, laughed at each other’s jokes, frequently smiled at each other, eye contact, physical intent, everything you’d want from initial escalation but when a new female colleague (Tracy) started realising I was giving her attention, she started to make things difficult. For example, she’d wait for her every night when going home when she knew me and Jen would leave work together.

I saw the cockblock starting so I made an effort to befriend Tracy. Just general topics, nothing taboo. Big mistake, she ate everything I said and spewed it out like I was a monster. She literally made me uncomfortable talking about the weather LOL. Then one day at work, we were talking about something random and she just started crying out of the blue.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by kai83 kai83.
    kai83
    kai83
    Participant
    November 6, 2018 at 1:51 pm #188844

Later I told Jen that Tracy just randomly started crying but you can imagine what side she took. A few days later I saw Tracy in the elevator and she said hi to me with a smirk. She never said hi to me before. After that, Jen began to cold shoulder me and they started to spend more time together. I’m now sitting here with my dick in my hand and scratching my head with the other.

Backstory, Tracy is a Psych major and very aware of her surroundings. The girls at work all flock to her as she has a neutral voice, calming and she regularly shoulders them if they have any problems. I’m pretty sure the deal is that she took offence that I was flirting with Jen at work, especially as she just started working here. She’s also quite unattractive, fat, acne, basically a great friend to have as she makes everyone else look more attractive.

kai83
    kai83
    Participant
    November 6, 2018 at 3:21 pm #188845

So, is it game over? This wouldn’t bother me outside but being as I have to work here, it’s difficult to accept that a good thing was snatched from my grasp. At many points, I felt like Jen was the one. :/

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 8, 2018 at 1:25 pm #189041

In order for (Jen) to have been “the one” she would have had to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

Personally speaking I have never been a fan of work romances.
    Most relationships one has usually fail in the end and having a failed relationship at work can be a mess.
    However if you want to take a shot at your co-worker it might be best to relax a bit and simply be kind to her.
    Build on the rapport you had established by asking her about things she’s told you she’s interested in and so on.
    Nevertheless act as though you’ve lost all romantic interest in her.
    Be warm, friendly, and nonchalant like she’s one of the guys. Chat and move on.

The one good thing about seeing someone every day is it’s like being back in school again.
    You can gradually get to know each other better and establish a relationship.
    Eventually (Tracy) will reveal her true colors to Jen. In the mean time date other women outside of work.

Dmytro
    Dmytro
    Participant
    November 9, 2018 at 3:29 pm #189128

I had an affair with a girl from Ukraine. I was on a business trip and met her on bestuabrides {dot} com website.

I was amazed at how easily and quickly our acquaintance passed into the active phase of intimate communication. have never received such international experience. Try it, you will like it 😉