complex or am i overthinking it

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 5:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

snoogans1981
    snoogans1981
    Participant
    February 28, 2018 at 1:11 pm #166598

Morning Everyone,

im not typically the type to ask for advice as i usually wing it as i am a confident person.
    I am single now and its been years since i was back in the dating scene. I have been recently approached by a woman that is frommy past of 10 yrs and have struck our friendship again, as my ex had me delete her from my life as she felt threatened by her. We have such great conversation, laugh, and truly enjoy eachothers company. here lies my problem.

We both have a tendenancy in our past realtionships to rush and move forward quickly, which ends up failing down the road. she suggested we see eachother for 3 months at least, no sex (im ok with that as sometimes sex complicates things and thats all it becomes), i totally see where she is coming from and we have been talking every day, all night, she comes over to spend the night (no sex), we are mentall and spiritually on the same level. its been amazing. I used to think i was in love with other women and i have now realized

jjd266
    jjd266
    Participant
    March 1, 2018 at 2:00 pm #166653

I don’t think this is overthinking. I think you really do like this person. And you should take things slow though like you mentioned from your experiences. Take things slow, hangout with each other, enjoy each other’s company. And when the time is right I think that is when you should ask her to be your official girlfriend.

snoogans1981
    snoogans1981
    Participant
    March 2, 2018 at 8:50 am #166680

thank you, i just needed to have someone confirm what i was doing correctly and not feel like im making a mistake on this decision. This woman really knows how to make things easy in the sense of talking, no judgment and opening up really well and im not sure how to do that so easily as im pretty guarded about things. Major trust issues but she has so fsar given me honestly by showing me msgs she gets from other guys and her explaining to them sorry her interests are in someone else. i know im rambling but she has lit a fire inside me that i dont remember ever having in my life and for all those times i thought i was in love before i find it was more lust or convenience. My god im a nervous wreck!!!!