Confusd by girl's actions, is she interested or playing games?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 6:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    March 2, 2019 at 2:36 pm #195945

I met this girl at college. She is amazing, and we get along great, have the same life goal interests and hobbies. we talk & laugh for hours and flirt all the time. But I could not get her to go out. Finally, on the 3rd try she excepted but only to a short outing to the park. We still had a great time hanging out and laughing. But she refuses to a formal date. Finally ticked I asked if she had been to a Science Museum in Chicago, she said no, so I told her I was taking her and that’s it. No excuses this time. No “i can’t i’m busy” responses. I told her I want strong positive responses only. She smiled and excepted. but she didn’t want to go until spring break, and that was 3 weeks off. I agreed. In the mean time over the last 2 weeks she has refused to see me, even for little things like lunch, I mean its just Lunch for crying out loud. She still texts me with caring sweet sentiments though. Why would she do this avoids now? And Is she interested? So Should I still take her?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 4, 2019 at 5:18 pm #195974

Confused by girl’s actions

1. “..she refuses a formal date.”

2. “she has refused to see me, even for little things like lunch”

3. “She still texts me with caring sweet sentiments though.”

You’re traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind.
    A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination.
    That’s the signpost up ahead – your next stop, the “FRIEND ZONE”!

Clearly she enjoys “hanging out” with you but SHE has NO romantic interest in YOU.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Best wishes!

x569
    x569
    Participant
    March 4, 2019 at 9:28 pm #195978

Don’t send anymore texts. When she sends texts, reply 2 days later. When she asks why, wait 2 days and say “Whats up?” Or just stop talking to her altogether.

StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    March 5, 2019 at 12:42 am #195980

Never knew you would flirt with someone if they are in the “friend zone” And… my question was never answered.. should I still take her on our big date she agreed to do next week when spring break starts?

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by StrikeEagle15 StrikeEagle15.
    StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    March 5, 2019 at 9:04 am #195981

Also you never answered my question.. should I still take her out next week on our big date? she agreed to this big date, but wanted to wait til break. so does that still constitute the friend zone?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 5, 2019 at 2:12 pm #196030

She is not going on a “romantic date” with you. Move on!
    There’s been no kissing/making out

Rejecting you time and time again as you stated in your own words: “she {refuses} to a formal date…”
    Trust me if she was {into you} she would not have turned you down this many times!

No one needs to wait 3 weeks to go to the Museum of Science and Industry.
    She’s just put you off until she can come up with another excuse.

Bottom line she enjoys “hanging out”, laughing with you, and so on.
    However she has no desire to date you, kiss you, or have sex with you.

If she thought you were “hot” she would not risk leaving you on the open market for another girl.
    This is NOT how women behave with guys they really WANT to be with!

You’re going to be disappointed for holding out “hope” she’s into you and putting your life on hold waiting for her.
    Keep your options open by dating other women and if she sees you’re not just “waiting” your value may go up in her mind.

StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    March 5, 2019 at 3:31 pm #196036

well…. now wait a minute… you don’t know there was no kissing because I never said there was or not. When we went to park.. yes there was no kissing, but she is very physical with me. She leaned on me when we sat and talked, she touches me all the time when i see her, and she is not afraid to enter my 3 foot personal space, as I do to her… so we are very physically affectionate when we are together at school. We have never kissed because wee have not been in a romantic setting …. yet…. but she shows all the signs of very interested.. just won’t go on a committed date. The only time I see her is passing classes at school. as of today, we talk on text and at school.. she still has not said “no” or come up with any excuses yet. As for the museum trip, after we plan to go out to dinner with walk on the pier under the lights. SO she knows what she’s getting into… let me ask you this.. is it possible she is ust scared about going on a “big date” she is a small town girl who grew up on a farm. She seem very inexperienced and naive.

doesntmatter
    doesntmatter
    Participant
    March 17, 2019 at 12:46 pm #196912

Classic passive aggressive, they’re bored and you’re a project to them. Don’t worry, once she finds a better project, you won’t know that either, you’ll find out 3 months later, when you confront her. She’ll then tell you “I didn’t know how to tell you”, but what she was really thinking was, “let me mess with this guy’s head as much as I can and laugh about it with my friends every Friday at girl’s night-out”.

StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 5:14 pm #197033

that’s actually what I was thinking too.. was afraid to admit it… btw- we are supposed to go out on the big date in 2 days… she still hasn’t bailed on me yet…

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by StrikeEagle15 StrikeEagle15.
    Ramone1234
    Ramone1234
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 5:39 am #197039
    Reply To: Confusd by girl's actions, is she interested or playing games?

Next time she contacts you ask her out. If she rejects or gives you cloudy answer, you should tell her to let you know if she changes her mind. And move on. Don’t contact her anymore. If she contacts you ask her out again. She has to know that you have romantic interest in her. But if she doesn’t want it, find another girl.

StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    March 20, 2019 at 10:55 am #197170

Thank you!

Skreut74
    Skreut74
    Participant
    March 21, 2019 at 12:50 am #197213

Sounds like a friend zone situation..sorry to say. Keep her as a friend and pursue other girls. Sometimes girls come around to you when they see your attention going toward other girls.

StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    March 22, 2019 at 11:53 am #197384

dashingscorpio & Skreut74: “Sounds like a friend zone situation..sorry to say.”

Well we finally went on our date this past week (as it is now spring break), and the first thing she did before we left for the date was give me a gift. It was a very well thoughtful, meaningful gift that touched on a childhood pastime and hobby of mine that we had talked about in the past. I mean it was really touching. And she put a lot of thought into it, and trouble finding it. I told her it was not necessary and that her being with me was enough.. .but she insisted i keep. Our date was fantastic, we had a really great time, and it ended with hugs, cuddling and a kiss at the end… we plan to go out again next weekend.. so now what does all that mean? Is this still a Friend Zone?