Confused

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 10:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SarahB
    SarahB
    Participant
    March 20, 2018 at 4:16 pm #167942
    Confused

I’m a 30 year old woman who has an established career and recently purchased my first home. I met a 30 year old guy through online dating. We really hit it off and things progressed quickly. I fell for him for sure. Then he informed me that he wasn’t looking for anything serious as he is living with his parents at the moment and was working a job that didn’t provide much income. He also said he wasn’t great with relationships. I was understanding and it kind of turned into a hook up thing for the last 5 months. About a month ago things changed and he got very quiet and wasn’t his usual self. Then a few weeks ago he told me he met someone and is in a relationship. After some online digging I discovered she is 23 and lives over an hour away from him. She too stil lives at home. He has texted me and said he doesn’t know what he is doing. He recently lost his job and reached out to me as well. I just don’t get why I wasn’t good enough? What is he thinking?

SarahB
    SarahB
    Participant
    March 20, 2018 at 4:22 pm #167943

I guess what hurts me the most is that we had such a strong bond. We would talk everyday. And now it’s just nothing hardly at all. I don’t get what I did wrong. I tried to be so supportive and nice to him.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    March 20, 2018 at 5:59 pm #167963

I think he maybe thought you were too good. You have just purchased your own home and are very independant. He might feel inferior living with his parents and with a lesser job. Maybe that’s why he found some other woman?

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    March 20, 2018 at 6:02 pm #167964

I found myself in a similar situation to him… And that’s the feelings I got.

SarahB
    SarahB
    Participant
    March 21, 2018 at 8:40 am #167969

Possibly, but I hope that isn’t the case. And why still message me if he is with someone else? Makes me think he has some
    Feelings towards me and is just confused maybe? I don’t know.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    March 22, 2018 at 8:54 am #168031

he does sound confused, i think he still cares/misses you, but just feels inferior.

mickey9694
    mickey9694
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 2:45 pm #168168

to me, he sounds confused

Gemologist
    Gemologist
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 5:57 pm #168219

He isn’t. The real question is whether you consider him worth the effort of waiting until he grows up.

jtb333
    jtb333
    Participant
    March 23, 2018 at 3:31 am #168225

He is confused on what he wants to do. It sounds like he genuinely likes you but may not be ready for a serious relationship that you could be providing him. Would sooner take someone younger with less responsibilities. In my opinion

SarahB
    SarahB
    Participant
    March 23, 2018 at 5:04 am #168231
    Reply To: Confused

Yea that could be true. It’s really too bad cause I really liked him and we always had so much fun together. Don’t know if it’s even worth bringing it up to him st this point…don’t want to make things worse or make it seem like I’m not respectful of his relationship I guess.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    March 23, 2018 at 10:25 am #168264

Yea, I agree with you, Most people ready for a serious relationship that you could be providing him

pdxgirl80
    pdxgirl80
    Participant
    March 23, 2018 at 5:41 pm #168306

Maybe he was intimidated by you. I solidly believe If men are interested they’ll be back. Easier advice to give than follow

SarahB
    SarahB
    Participant
    March 23, 2018 at 6:28 pm #168309

Yea I guess there really isn’t much else for me to do….just wait and see what happens 😕

Oleg
    Oleg
    Participant
    March 25, 2018 at 6:05 am #168340

do not worry everything will be fine

Nicky
    Nicky
    Participant
    March 26, 2018 at 3:06 am #168369

He’s just really confused and insecure, I’m sorry you have to deal with someone like that, I’d say just move on and keep in contact if you really want but don’t fall again, get over him

1 2