Confused about a Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused about a Girl

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 12:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Monkeyguy8080
    Monkeyguy8080
    Participant
    July 29, 2018 at 10:09 pm #180450
    Confused about a Girl

I met this girl 6 months ago at work. We started off by just talking a little at work & then started texting a few weeks later. 1 month later I asked her to dinner & we went. After that we’d text every few days & go out about once per week. Now for the last 2 months we text/call each other everyday & go out 3-4 times a week. We still aren’t dating as we haven’t kissed or had sex yet. Also I’ve known this since the beginning that she lives with her ex bf, their kid and her parents. She’s always said she’s not with her ex anymore he just stays there because he’d be homeless otherwise. Also I never hear of them going out or doing stuff. So I tend to believe her. Also this weekend me & her went on a vacation. But then I was looking her exes FB & he still says they’re dating and loves her. Her FB doesn’t say anything, but then I glanced at her phone & she has him listed as hubby. I’ve asked her to date me & she said sometime she will but she’s not ready for anyone right now. Your thoughts?

MeltedDuke
    MeltedDuke
    Participant
    August 1, 2018 at 5:55 am #180595

Mate, you need to make a move and free yourself from this. If she says she’s not with her ex then as far as you know, “SHE’S NOT WITH HER EX”. Don’t wait for proof of her changing his name on her phone and relationship status online… She wants you to make a move , so the longer you don’t the worse things get because inaction only generates more inaction.

Secondly, know your worth. As a friend you’ve provided a lot of yourself to this girl, which is why she still comes out to see you. It sounds to me that this girl is a little lonely and your solving that problem for her. However, you need to have boundaries. If things are to be taken in a romantic direction between the two of you, you need to her to respect. Therefore, start withdrawing yourself when she leaves you working on her time. talk to other girls to, remember she’s just 1 out of millions of girls out there and you need to start seeing her like that if she’s to regain some respect for you.

derik
    derik
    Participant
    August 1, 2018 at 6:25 am #180596

I met this girl 6 months ago at work. We started off by just talking a little at work & then started texting a few weeks later. 1 month later I asked her to dinner & we went. After that we’d text every few days & go out about once per week. Now for the last 2 months we text/call each other everyday & go out 3-4 times a week. We still aren’t dating as we haven’t kissed or had sex yet. Also I’ve known this since the beginning that she lives with her ex bf, their kid and her parents. She’s always said she’s not with her ex anymore he just stays there because he’d be homeless otherwise. Also I never hear of them going out or doing stuff. So I tend to believe her. Also this weekend me & her went on a vacation

derik
    derik
    Participant
    August 1, 2018 at 6:33 am #180598

Men in their 50’s are hopeful they can get a 30-something because despite them ageing, their minds are still that of a 28 year old.

My mother had a really difficult time and found herself single at the age of 52 and she is now 63 and only just in a relationship she sees lasting.

please don’t give up hope – you are young! There is time and don’t settle. You will find someone because he’s currently out there looking for you!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 2, 2018 at 10:44 am #180682

“Now for the last 2 months we text/call each other everyday & [go out 3-4 times] a week. We still aren’t dating as we haven’t kissed or had sex yet. Also I’ve known this since the beginning that she lives with her ex bf, their kid and her parents.”
    “I’ve asked her to date me & she said sometime she will but she’s not ready for anyone right now.”

Monkeyguy8080, There’s no other way to say this: YOU are getting played!

I’m married and me and my wife don’t go out 3-4 times a week!
    She (knew) you were romantically interested in her the first time you asked her out.
    She also knew she was NOT romantically interested in YOU when she said “yes” and kept saying “yes”.

Men generally ask women out whom they’re attracted to, want to date, or have sex with.
    Some women will say (yes to the date) but no to “the man” and pretend it’s not a “date”.
    You’re wasting time and money on a woman who clearly is NOT into YOU.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

emilydavis8218
    emilydavis8218
    Participant
    August 2, 2018 at 10:37 pm #180749

This chick sounds crazy. Living with her ex and their kid and her parents? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. If I were you I would get out while I could… Good luck dude