Confussion and uncertanty (College)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 3:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

freshman176
    freshman176
    Participant
    March 12, 2019 at 3:05 am #196477

So for starters when it comes to relationships im kinda new to it. In higschool the only girls I dated were long distance or just in it to jump to 2nd and 3rd base before actually getting to know them too well. So being a freshmen in college I’m kinda scared to start a realationship with anyone due to my inexperience. I feel since Ive jumped around so much with what Ive experienced I dont know what Im doing. If anyone has basic advice It would be greatly appreciated. Also I have a more specific problem in another post.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 12, 2019 at 10:38 am #196511

A lot of teenagers are in the same boat as you when they arrive at college.
    Stop feeling the need to have to KNOW everything about women/dating/sex.
    Accept the fact you’re going to make mistakes, get rejected, and eventually land on your feet.
    This time of your life is for (learning and exploring) as well as finding out what works for you!

If you want something different YOU have to do something different.

1.Making some (male friends) who seem to have no problem with girls is a good idea.
    You’d be amazed at how much you can learn from being around successful people in any endeavor.

2. Attend social events, sporting events, dances/parties, join clubs or basically be socially active…etc
    Ideally early on you will have a male friend as a “wingman” to go to these things until you are confident enough to go alone.

3. Become well known for something
    Women love to be with guys who step into the limelight whether you’re the leader of something, play in a band, actor/poet

Mnkyd090
    Mnkyd090
    Participant
    March 13, 2019 at 3:16 am #196596

If I were you, I would not go into a mindset of dating someone qhen approachig a girl. Think of it like trying to get to know her. This will take stress off your shoulders and present your genuine interest and your genuine self

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 8:20 am #202180

do you feel like you really want/need a relationship right now in college?