Could you provide me with some insight?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 11:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

flower5
    flower5
    Participant
    May 3, 2018 at 11:48 pm #172153

He was very interested from the very beginning; however, I was a little bit hesitant due to our different communication styles. We had a hard time understanding each other. He is a black and white kind of personality, straightforward in what he thinks and also traditional, which was not something that I am used to, so I wasn’t certain how compatible we would be if we ever got into a relationship. During our getting to know each, he said that I am picky with men and how I should open my horizons and be more open to different kinds of men and not just men I am interested in. I don’t know why he said that as I do not think like that and I never said that in our conversations. I tried to explain to him that that is not the way it is, but he wouldn’t listen and he continued to say that. Now, he says that he doesn’t want to pursue anything because we come from opposing cultures, I should be with a guy from my culture cause he doesn’t want to impose his culture on someone who has own customs.

abilaw34
    abilaw34
    Participant
    May 4, 2018 at 6:32 am #172155

The whole “doesn’t want to pursue anything due to opposing cultures” sounds like an excuse to stop for him to stop talking to you. You said he was interested in the beginning but now things have changed a bit, maybe he’s realised that he doesn’t think it’ll work? You said he’s quite a straightforward person though, so I don’t know. It wouldn’t make sense for a straightforward person to use excuses. I’m sure he’d just say how he feels outright. Maybe try talking to him about it. Talk to him about the opposing cultures and let him know that isn’t an issue for you (if it isn’t) and ask if he’s still interested in dating at all? That’s the only way to know what’s going on really