Course of Action with Young Lady I’m seeing

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 4:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

yonius99
    yonius99
    Participant
    February 4, 2020 at 7:05 pm #228982

We are in our 20s. Both recently (3-5 months) out of long term relationships that were unhealthy. Both including where the other party cheated and so on. We met on a dating app. Took about a month and a half to meet. After meeting there was a decent connection. After a couple times we had intercourse and the chemistry was phenomenal. Agreed upon by both parties. we see each other at least twice a week and have sleepovers at least once a week. I’m ready for a relationship she is not. She came into this telling me such. She was not planning on liking me, but now she does. She wants to enjoy the single life a tad. She is talking to one other guy, long distance, who is an old friend from freshman year of college. She likes him as well but the best friend states me more so. He is visiting the city we live in this month and they will be going out. Do I wait? Do I play a game? What do I do? I was honest with her and I saw the pain and confusion in her eye. She doesn’t like this, but needs it.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 5, 2020 at 12:17 pm #229042

“We met on a dating app.”
    “I’m ready for a relationship she is not. She came into this telling me such.”
    “She wants to enjoy the single life a tad. She is talking to one other guy, long distance,..”
    “He is visiting the city we live in this month and they will be going out.”

“Do I wait? Do I play a game? What do I do?”

Your first mistake was behaving as is you were already in an {exclusive relationship}!

If you were seeking a job you wouldn’t stop sending out resumes because you had a great interview with one company!
    Odds are you’d keep sending resumes out and doing interviews with (multiple companies) until you received a job offer.
    She’s told you she’s only looking for “part-time’ help at this time!

You should be keeping your options open by dating other women especially since you know what she’s doing.
    You’re not her boyfriend and therefore have no say in what she does nor can you accuse her of cheating.
    This is a “situationship” not a relationship!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 5, 2020 at 12:29 pm #229043

You have to {be honest with yourself} and determine if can be happy in no strings attached arrangement.

When someone doesn’t want what (you) want it’s usually best to move on.
    Hanging around the phone or waiting for (them) to change their mind usually leads to anger and frustration.

Most likely when this guy comes to town they’re going to have sex.
    Even if 3-6 months from now you did become a “couple” you’d never forget about her screwing this other guy.
    Never mind the fact you weren’t in an “exclusive relationship” because YOU were “emotionally invested”.

Enjoying the single life and casual dating is not a “game” if the person is being honest with you upfront.
    Trying to shame or guilt someone into giving you what you want isn’t the best way to start a relationship.
    Oftentimes when two people meet the “timing” is off. They don’t want the same thing at the same time.

If you don’t want to date multiple women and you can’t accept the fact you’re going to have to share her..
    Be grateful for what you had and move on!