"Creepy Looking"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

"Creepy Looking"

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Remay19
    Remay19
    Participant
    September 15, 2018 at 5:56 pm #184395
    "Creepy Looking"

So I was born in Canada, I’ve lived here all my life, I’m just an average Canadian person, but because my ancestors are from India, I happen to have brown skin. Whether I’m on a dating site, or and online chat room, or whatever, I’m always called creepy looking, or perverted, or a child predator (I’ve heard them all). I take care of myself and all, so I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong? Or it’s just something I have to put up with? I’d be grateful if anyone had any advice on what to do

Remay19
    Remay19
    Participant
    September 15, 2018 at 5:57 pm #184396

And yes, I have also heard these in public, not just online

Timtheb
    Timtheb
    Participant
    September 17, 2018 at 5:08 pm #184483

How do you usually act before recieving these false remarks? It might have something to do with your actions?

Remay19
    Remay19
    Participant
    September 19, 2018 at 12:10 pm #184702

How do you usually act before recieving these false remarks? It might have something to do with your actions?

Nothing special or unordinary (at least to me) “Hi, Hey, What’s up?, Howdy, etc.)

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 19, 2018 at 4:17 pm #184766

Without being able to see a photo for ourselves it’s hard to know why so many people are saying the same thing.
    It could be your hairstyle, facial expression, glasses, crooked teeth, creator skin/acne, eyes/eye brows….etc

The word “creepy” covers a lot of bases. It would be one thing if a “couple of people” said this to you.
    However you said: “I’m {always} called creepy looking, or perverted, or a child predator….”

Maybe you need to consider having a “makeover” regarding your physical appearance and fashion style.
    If you want something different (you) have to do something different.
    You’re entitled to change your appearance. Best wishes!