Criminal record

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Criminal record

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Cathy116
    Cathy116
    Participant
    September 12, 2018 at 6:06 pm #184156
    Criminal record

I met a guy on tinder a few weeks ago. We immediately hit it off and talked non-stop until 4 am for like a week or so. We decided to finally meet in person in a public place. We were really comfortable with each others and decided to go back to his place to eat (we are total introverts so we were absolutely comfortable to do this). I texted my friends whenever I moved and his sister and parents were home. We had a great time and we even ended up kissing. To our surprise, we noticed we actually spent around 7 hours together. Anyhow, he walked me back to my car and told me some sweet things. I got home and we texted non-stop again until our second date. Fast forward a little, its been a couple of dates now and we talked about some serious stuff, like childhood, our relation with our parents etc… Yesterday, we were talking about our secrets and all when he told he had one huge secret but wasn’t ready to tell me yet. I insisted a lot saying that I couldn’t be that bad and he finally agreed

Cathy116
    Cathy116
    Participant
    September 12, 2018 at 6:06 pm #184157

He told me everything and answered all of my questions with honesty. He has a criminal record. He got arrested for armed robbery twice for money to buy drugs. I googled all the infos that I had and it was real. According to the medias, he was more of the “follower” when it happened. Still 2 years of federal sentence and 2 years of provincial probation. He’s still very young (21 years old) and it happened a bit over 2 years ago. Now I don’t know what do to. I can’t tell my friends or family because they’ll tell me to stop seeing him, and I don’t want to. I actually started to like him a lot and it’s the same for him… The guy I know would never even hurt a fly and he had been honest with everything. I guess I’m writing here because I don’t have anyone to talk to in that case. Should I really listen to my friends and stop seeing him? What y’all opinions on this?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 13, 2018 at 4:44 pm #184234

” I can’t tell my friends or family because they’ll tell me to stop seeing him, and I don’t want to.”
    Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind.

If he’s no longer doing drugs, not associating with a criminal element, and he’s has turned his life around…. continue to explore things.
    On the other hand if he’s still running with those guys, not working, and using drugs odds are he hasn’t learned his lesson.