Crush agreed to go hiking but did not respond to make plans

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 3:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rapidx117
    rapidx117
    Participant
    March 31, 2019 at 3:43 am #197955

I have know this girl for about 2 years now. The following happened a week ago. We were at the dog park and we had not seen each other since August, 2018. At one point she was talking about going on a hike either that day or that next day. I then asked if she would like to go on a Iike together. She said yes. I asked her if she had any place in mind. She said no. I then told her that there were a couple places that I wanted to go. The conversation naturally changes to something else. We talked for about 30 minutes more. Which I think went well. As we were leaving I told her that I would message her tomorrow (regarding the hiking). Later when I messaged her I sent her a screenshot of a list of place where I wanted to go hiking. I also sent a message of the one I wanted to do first. I waited for a response and have not received a response at all. I haven’t sent any other messages. I’ve noticed the she is not online on social media.

What should I do? Should I move on?

rapidx117
    rapidx117
    Participant
    March 31, 2019 at 3:49 am #197956

We have not gone on any dates but we have had some good conversation at the dog park. I have gotten to know her family in person. That also happened at the dog park. The last few times I saw her last year were because her mom messaged me that they were going to be at the dog park. The last time I saw her last year was around August. She her mom and her sister were there. We had great conversations mainly between her mom and I. Towards the end her sister and her mom were talking about a possible boyfriend for her. I just listened respectfully. She said that she didn’t like him. Then her sister said that she just needed an older man. I’m 25 and she is 21. I forgot happened after that but it was the last time I saw them. Around the last time I saw her, I was going on hikes with a friend, who is a girl. I tagged her on 3 posts on social media and she and her family liked the photos. In only one of the picture we were in the same photo. In the photo we were not touching.

Solaris
    Solaris
    Participant
    April 1, 2019 at 12:48 pm #198006

I think i see what happened. i made this mistake multiple times well not really a mistake but could just be said handier. Women usually like it when you decide on the spot. If she does not like it she will comment. But i would not give options like a couple of places then that could come across as indecisive or not taking the lead. I would correct it next time

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 1, 2019 at 4:58 pm #198046

Solaris makes a great point.
    If a guy is asking a girl out HE should have a plan.
    You should have had a favorite hiking spot in mind and told her what day and time you’ll meet.

One of the problems with the younger generation is they rely too much on social media and texting.
    You should have exchanged phone numbers and actually gave her (call) instead of messaging her.

Having “old school” voice conversations reduces a lot of misunderstandings.
    You can tell by someone’s interest by their voice, tone, inflection, hesitancy/measured response.

Last but not least always keep your options open by pursuing MULTIPLE women.
    Whenever someone “zeroes in on one person” they become too emotionally invested in an outcome.
    There is no such thing as being “exclusive friends” so don’t feel obligated to wait for her response.

If you were looking for a job you’d send your resume out to multiple companies.
    You would not stop your search just because you had an interview.
    If she’s unresponsive move on. You want a person who wants to be with you!