Crush on a coworker, does he like me back or am I just over-analyzing?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sks1994
    sks1994
    Participant
    September 18, 2018 at 2:10 am #184496

(1/2) I work in a retail/food shop as a supervisor and we recently had this new supervisor transfer to my location. I’ve been crushing on him ever since he started! We like the same things, and will literally sit and talk about anything and everything for hours. I’ve asked him to dinner/lunch a few times, and he asked me once, but I have no idea if he considered them to be dates or not. Each of these outings, we sat there for 2 or more hours just talking. I feel so comfortable around him. My coworkers say he looks at me differently than other people, and always smiles a little more when I’m around. We’ve followed each other on all social media platforms and text once in a while, although he told me he doesn’t really like texting. Which means he never really goes out of his way to talk to me outside of work.

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by sks1994 sks1994.
    sks1994
    sks1994
    Participant
    September 18, 2018 at 2:11 am #184497

(2/2) He’s also not touchy-feely with me ever and hasn’t made a move even though he’s had a few opportunities. I’m so confused, is he just a flirt or does it seem like he actually has an interest? He is the type of guy who always has a reason for what he does, he values his time above anything else, and I can’t help but think that he’s spent a lot of that time talking to me. He also just moved here and started a new degree, and I’m sure he’s very invested in that. Can someone decode this for me? I know the only for-sure way to find out his feelings is to ask, but we work together and it’d be quite awkward if I did. Thank you!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 19, 2018 at 4:03 pm #184762

“We like the same things, and will literally sit and talk about anything and everything for hours.”

“He’s also not touchy-feely with me ever and {hasn’t made a move} even though he’s had a few opportunities.”

Sounds like you’re in the “friend zone” or he’s so shy and lacks dating experience.
    However if you spend (hours) talking that’s not a trait for someone who is shy or introverted.
    Another possibility may be since he’s a supervisor he avoids romantic relationships with co-workers.

My message to women is (if) you have to “figure out a guy” he’s not really “into you”.

irisheyes
    irisheyes
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 11:45 am #184856

I would just wait and see what happens, let him pursue you. If he is definitely interested he would make it known

Mammamia72
    Mammamia72
    Participant
    September 24, 2018 at 8:50 am #185084

Maybe he likes you

Shiraz
    Shiraz
    Participant
    September 24, 2018 at 10:06 am #185091

Well that answers my question before even asking it!Still going to ask…just to get it out of my system 🙂

Shiraz
    Shiraz
    Participant
    September 24, 2018 at 10:10 am #185093

The only thing you really can do is to wait and see what happens.Keep being yourself amd enjoy life.He will make a move if he wants to.I think it is always a bit tricky in a working environment….dating co workers.I personally don’t like it,it can get too complicated.Give him time but don’t it around waiting for him