Crush on guy… stuck…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Crush on guy… stuck…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 4:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LoneBoyOnTheCliff
    LoneBoyOnTheCliff
    Participant
    September 7, 2019 at 4:55 am #206681
    Crush on guy… stuck…

Hello, I have this crush on a guy in my uni year for months now. I’ve decided to do something about it. Asked his best friend for advice since I wasn’t sure he is into guys. She said he probably is, but she doesn’t know for sure either. Found a topic to talk about and started messaging him. We messaged for about 2 weeks (frequency increased over time). During last week I started flirting with him more and noticed he was flirting back over texts(a little more discreet than me but still flirting back). As I made my intentions clear I am into him (but not saying it straightforwardly), I observed the pace didn’t change at all. I was still the one always initiating, he was responding to my texts, being flirtatious from time to time, but he never showed interest outside of that. Never wrote first, never initiated, heck didnt even follow back on IG. I’ve stopped writting to him. Its been a week now. He didnt show any reaction/initiate anything. What should I do?

LoneBoyOnTheCliff
    LoneBoyOnTheCliff
    Participant
    September 7, 2019 at 5:01 am #206682

P.S.: About what i know about the guy from his best friend. He didn’t have a girlfriend for years (like 4) and he didn’t have any intimate privacy with anyone before. Also she told me he is shy. He keeps his answers short and roasts me ;(

Anna_22
    Anna_22
    Participant
    September 10, 2019 at 6:07 am #206794

Maybe he’s not entirely sure about moving into a relationship with another man, as you said he has had gf’s previously. It’s not uncommon for men to keep vulnerable or sensitive things at a distance. Either that, or it seems he’s not interested in making it more than a casual thing.