Crush On My Cabbie!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Crush On My Cabbie!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 1:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Starshine
    Starshine
    Participant
    July 2, 2018 at 4:53 am #178551
    Crush On My Cabbie!

(1st Part of Post )A few months back, I took a taxi from my local hospital to my house. The car’s radio was playing. Some swear words came through the speaker; the driver promptly apologized for the profanity. I said it did not bother me as I sometimes have a ‘potty-mouth’ of my own. He laughed. Then, we just began talking non-stop the 20 to 30 minutes it took to get me home. Our conversation was sparkling and there were a couple of times where we said the same thing at the same time in observation of something. We are both writers with me having finished my first novel and him being in the midst of his own. He plays the banjo when I have just begun learning guitar and he gave me some advice in that arena. He marvelled how I believed him as to certain more ‘out there’ things when others seemed to always dimiss him. He asked me if I’d ever read two certain books about following one’s destiny which I had. That question seemed rather impromptu and random on his part during our talk.

Starshine
    Starshine
    Participant
    July 2, 2018 at 5:00 am #178552

(2nd Part of Post) As I was getting out of the taxi, he said to me, “I could talk to you all night.” I wish I’d said to him, “And, I, you.” But I only said, “Aww that’s sweet. Thanks!” He then stayed to see me safely get into my house. I felt good when i got in (despite a family crisis ensuing); I felt alive and as though I’d just been with an old friend. Prior to this, I had it in my mind the sort of man I’d like to meet and he fit the most important qualities from what I could tell in the short time we spent together. He was creative, spiritual, kind, thoughtful, funny, intelligent and interesting. It was only a few days later that I got whisked away due to said family crisis for well over three months. But, in that time and through all that hell, I’d kept thinking about this man. I longed to get home and ‘do something’ about it. I wondered if he felt the same way, but realized I’d mentioned I’d moved abroad because of having gotten married (that was years ago and I’m separated now)

OIdMayberry
    OIdMayberry
    Participant
    July 2, 2018 at 5:39 am #178560

I take it your post got cut off, Starshine? I say that ’cause it seems unfinished and I also tried posting a longer post only to realize we’re limited. lol. I shoulda thought to do two parts like you did.

I’m guessing you want to call for a cab again now that you’re back home in hopes you’ll see this guy again, right? He sounds like a gentleman! But calling a cab all the time while gambling as to whether or not you get him for a driver is gonna be a costly venture! If this is that important to you, I’d suggest calling up the cab company with some random excuse as to why you wish for him to contact you (guitar lessons maybe, hint hint) and having them give him your details. See what happens from there. It might sound a tad stalkerish, but hey, you won’t ever know what could come of this unless you try. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by OIdMayberry OIdMayberry.
    Starshine
    Starshine
    Participant
    July 2, 2018 at 7:41 am #178555

(3rd – and last – Part of Post)

I’m back home now. I can’t afford to call a cab all the time ‘for the hell of it’ (I really have no need of a cab as I’ve a car) to try and get him again. Indeed, I took a cab back to the hospital the next day; I got a driver whom I said little to. I never got this endearing cabbie’s name. I can barely describe his appearance as it was dark. I remember liking his hair. Right now, I’m desperately fighting the urge to call the cab company so as to leave my contact details with someone who could relay them to him (if they even would). I don’t know if they would ‘twig’ owho I was talking about based on the description I could give them. I also don’t know what I’d say as to why I’m calling in the first place. Nor do I know if he’s single. I somehow had the impression he was. I wonder if he’s still working as a cabbie. I also wonder what I should do.Call the company – or no? Just let him go – or no? If not a romantic partner, he’d sure be a wonderful friend!

Starshine
    Starshine
    Participant
    July 2, 2018 at 7:41 am #178556

I guess I should’ve just made this post two parts as it is not letting me post a longer third one. I suppose I just want to know what any of you think about my calling the cab company up, describing him to them and seeing if they will give him my contact info! Don’t know what reason I’d give though other than, ‘He set my mind ablaze and made my spirit soar!’

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 2, 2018 at 9:51 am #178583

Don’t let life pass you by while dwelling on what might have been.

Just enjoy it for what it was…. and let it go.
    Maybe you can use it in a future novel.

Best wishes!

mimikai
    mimikai
    Participant
    July 4, 2018 at 4:34 pm #178668

612in907
    612in907
    Participant
    July 5, 2018 at 10:10 pm #178687

I have learned that there is no time like the present. It sounds like you guys have some great chemistry and maybe your paths will cross again someday 🙂 good luck!