crushing on a shy guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

crushing on a shy guy

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 1:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

riserise
    riserise
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 8:51 pm #197126
    crushing on a shy guy

So I am crushing on a guy at work who is super shy and has no relationship experience.
    I have to keep this short due to character limits..

Basically he was assigned to my desk to help me set it up. I flirted with him in a very work safe way. We was lying under my desk with his shirt riding up, and he asked me to stand over him to help out. He stuck around longer helping me out with extra stuff he didn’t really need to do.There were a few silent moments

Since he is IT, he isn’t at his desk much. I dont run into him a lot.

I sent him an email asking him out for coffee in a really work safe way. No reply. He gets sent out to peoples desk all day long tho so I am not sure what to think.

I added him on facebook and he accepted. I sent him another email via messenger, telling him about the email and asking him for coffee again.

I dont know if it was forward enough..

I am thinking of trying to ask him out in person.. but i am scared the silence means no.
    What should I do??

riserise
    riserise
    Participant
    March 20, 2019 at 8:44 am #197127

He “saw” the facebook messenger note i sent but didn’t reply… it might of been to formal is what a guy friend told me… Like, maybe not forward enough?

docking5173
    docking5173
    Participant
    March 21, 2019 at 4:07 pm #197255

Shy guys are a little hard to read, but don’t worry. Maybe for him, it might be a little overwhelming and since he has no relationship experience, he might be very confused about what to do. Sometimes shy guys come off as insensitive too, when they’re really just oblivious. Asking him out on email was a risky game in of itself, because you can never know for certain whether someone read it or not. And also, asking on email did seem a little too ‘professional’ in that sense. I think you should wait till you see him next, and try to be friends with him first. That way, he’ll get a little more comfortable around you. Once that happens, he’ll begin to trust you. Ask him out in person. Him being shy means that he’d rather interact on social media, but that also means that conversations in person are more special to them. Be that special person to him. Take it a little slow and your main goal should be to make him comfortable. Find common ground

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 22, 2019 at 6:04 pm #197465

Maybe he’s just not attracted to (you).
    Generally speaking if you have to “figure out” a guy (especially a grown man) he’s probably not into (you).

It’s one thing to be “shy” and another thing to “rude”.
    At the very least he should acknowledge your invitation and decline it nicely especially since you are a co-worker.
    The fact he refuses to acknowledge your invitation tells you everything you need to know.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    March 23, 2019 at 12:14 am #197478

Maybe he’s not interested? You’ve tried many different ways to make contact./