Cut Off After 6 Wonderful Days

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 9:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DenverGuy
    DenverGuy
    Participant
    March 14, 2020 at 9:36 am #231516

I’m a nice guy, successful, fun to be with, good sense of humor, etc. A woman down the street asked me out last Saturday night and I said yes. She said she had had a crush on me for a while. We had a great time. We ended up back at her place and slept there. She wanted to have sex, but I was actually too nervous.
    We e-mailed each other on Sunday (me first). Monday evening she called me and asked if I wanted to take a 2-mile walk with her. We did and it was great. We slept together every night. We cuddled and kissed and couldn’t get enough of each other. It was hard to sleep. It was tiring, but thrilling and wonderful.

I e-mailed her Tuesday AM and she wrote back a few hours later saying that she couldn’t stop thinking about me. We had a wonderful Tuesday night, we made love passionately. She even made us a a late night dinner, which was so romantic.

Wednesday We did a quick e-mail exchange, and I drove about 85 miles east for the day to be alone and think about things – in a good way. She called and left a voicemail (which made me happy) and I called her back in 30 minutes. She said she wanted to see me. I had bought her a bottle of win. When I got back we got together later and had a wonderful evening.

The next day she took the day off work unpaid (I even offered to pay for it but she declined). It was her idea to go to a nice breakfast place the next morning. I grabbed for the check but she snatched it away from me. We spent a lot of the day together and it was great. I took her to a cozy Italian place up the street and we went to bed early. It was wonderful. We made plans to go out with my neighbors tonight. It all felt 50/50.

PROBLEM AREA:

I sent her a quick e-mail on Friday morning telling her how great I had felt, that I would have a busy day, but that I would think of her. No response. I got a sinking feeling. Then, at around 5 PM I was on the phone with a friend and when I hung up I saw she had called. No voicemail, though.

Maybe this is just me, but no VM and no e-mail didn’t seem like much of an effort to communicate in my opinion. So I didn’t do anything. Last night was our first apart and it was very rough.

The old me would have been a sad little puppy and asked her what was wrong. Not now. The new me has this attitude: “I loved being with you. Every minute. I cherish the time we spent together this week. However, for some reason you have decided to basically ghost me and I don’t know why. I will miss you, but I respect you and I respect myself. I will pick myself up and resume my life, being enriched by my wonderful experience with you. I gave it my best shot and if that’s not enough, that’s it. The best of luck to you. I hope you find what it is that you are looking for. You’re a terrific person. But I will not try to talk you into being with me.”

So, it’s no-contact from me. Usually you know why someone cuts you off. I am clueless here. She pulled a 180. At worst I was too sweet to her, too affectionate, and loved being in the moment too much. Either I way, I had to have done something wrong. It has to be my fault, no question. But if it was something that was so not obvious, I don’t know what I could have done to prevent it.

The bottom line is that I would probably do it all over again the same way. It was so wonderful and I have no regrets. If she contacts me, we could resume this. I would like that. But I am a little less than happy about the way this went down yesterday, to be honest. I don’t expect to hear from her.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by DenverGuy DenverGuy.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 15, 2020 at 9:27 pm #231535

” I will pick myself up and resume my life, being enriched by my wonderful experience with you.
    I gave it my best shot and if that’s not enough, that’s it.
    The best of luck to you. I hope you find what it is that you are looking for.
    You’re a terrific person. But I will not try to talk you into being with me.”

This sounds way too dramatic for someone you’ve only known for ONE week!
    No one should be this traumatized o require “closure” after only 6 days.
    You sound like you were “in love” and left at the altar.

“She even made us a a late night dinner, which was so romantic.”
    “I drove about 85 miles east for the day to be alone and think about things – in a good way.”

Truth is you should have just enjoyed the week for what it was.
    The reason why people get hurt when they’re ghosted is because they become “emotionally invested”
    From your point of view it was magical fairytale of a week with whom you were starting feel was your “soulmate”.
    Most ghosting takes place within the first 8-12 weeks and it rarely happens with long-term relationships.
    She may have met someone else or was always dating others as you should be as well.

Don’t trick yourself into believing you’re in a “relationship” when none exists.
    You had a great time and be happy with that. If she wants to hookup again she’ll contact you.