Date Question

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Date Question

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 4:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    May 27, 2019 at 5:35 pm #201126
    Date Question

DECATUR, ILLINOIS
    I met up with a guy last night (our first date) at a restaurant. He smiled heavily upon seeing me, and the heavy smiling lasted for several minutes. We talked about lots of subjects. One of the subjects we talked about was the dating site we met on. He mentioned other dating sites that i should try out.
    He also mentioned that he is still living with his “ex” in order to be of some assistance to his “ex” transportation wise (ex has several DUI’s).

Why is he mentioning other dating sites i should try out during our date ? I took that to be inappropriate.

Later on, he seemed to be “into me”, and he suggested to me that we should go for a walk after dinner, which we did. That is a mixed signal to me.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 27, 2019 at 6:10 pm #201137

“He mentioned other dating sites that i should try out”

That means one of two things.
    1. He’s not all that {into you} or doesn’t see (you) being “the one” for him.
    2. He understands at this stage both of you are probably keeping your options open.

A common mistake a lot of online daters make is pretending as if they are in an “exclusive relationship”.
    It should be refreshing to hear someone be upfront about the fact that both of you are “looking”.
    At this stage you’re just casual acquaintances. If thing ever (evolve) then expectations will be discussed.

Some people have a way making the most out of every dating opportunity.
    The have a knack for getting along with others, making conversation, smiling and laughing.

Nevertheless they already know it’s not a “love connection” and have no planes to pursue a (relationship).
    Oftentimes the other person walks away feeling they had a “great date” and they’re shocked to be ghosted.
    They’re used to people acting like jerks when uninterested instead of being polite.

fallofduty
    fallofduty
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 1:19 am #201147

online dating rarely works