Dated One Guy, Now Falling For His Cousin

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 5:23 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daydreaming93
    daydreaming93
    Participant
    January 28, 2019 at 2:12 am #193546

I’ve been dating cousin A only for a week or two. Nothing serious, just super flirtatious, not even sex. It was a couple of days ago he had started to become distant and his cousin started to get closer after a night of trying to calm him down from some anxiety problem. I’ve been becoming more attached to cousin b now. Sad thing is, both of them believes I’m only friends with the other and I honestly believe cousin b is the man I really want to get to know better, but I know sooner or later (asap) I’ll have to explain that I dated his cousin first and they seem really close so I’m not sure how to go about it. Any advice?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 28, 2019 at 3:16 am #193547

“I know sooner or later (asap) I’ll have to explain that I dated his cousin…”
    The (sooner) you explain it the better it will be for all concerned.
    If you hope to have a shot at having anything “serious” with anyone honesty is a requirement.

Since there has been no sex between you and cousin A you should make that known as well.
    If he has become distant towards you can tell him you think you’d better off just being friends.
    Whether you end up with his cousin or not it’s clear that the one you’ve been dating is not “the one” for you.
    Otherwise you would not be wanted to date anyone else.

Having said that it may not be the smartest thing in the world to get involve with someone who has “anxiety problems”.
    Some women are simply attracted to guys who seem to (need) their help. They romanticize drama and challenges.
    When you go through your mate selection/screening process and “must haves list” make sure he is truly what you want in a mate. Know yourself, Love yourself, Trust yourself.

SadLonelyGuy0079
    SadLonelyGuy0079
    Participant
    January 28, 2019 at 9:14 pm #193647

Just be honest about your feelings, which is the best advice I can give.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    January 29, 2019 at 10:33 pm #193736

Hello Daydreaming93. I read your post and have a few questions that will help me to provide you with helpful feed back.
    1. What is your age?
    2. What is your relationship history?
    3. how did you meet Cousin A?
    4. What attracted you to Cousin A that you dated him?
    5..Who was trying to calm down Cousin A from an anxiety attack?
    6. How did you meet Cousin B?
    7. What attracts you to cousin B?
    8. What is the relationship between the two cousins?

I look forward to reading your responses and getting back to you with my reflections.