Dated this girl for 2 months and now she says lets start from being friends

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 12:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

richie123
    richie123
    Participant
    April 8, 2019 at 1:34 pm #198331

So Ive been dating this girl that i met on tinder for 2 months. super cute and interesting on the second date she asked me to “exclusive date her” to which we agreed at that time. it was all good we both like each other. but the problem was that i went head over heels after a while and started to shower her with compliments. we met last week which didnt go as it supposed to be as i was sleep deprived which led me to being a boring at the time but according to her she still liked me. but after a day or 2 she started acting a bit distant. i wasnt even texting her all the time. i do text her instantly if she texts me but not to a point that i have to double text her and annoy her. she knows that i do like her.
    then, today she texted me with “theres something important that i need to tell you” in my mind i knew what it was going to be. but i let her tell me instead of guessing. she said “The thing is that you’re way too good and I’m just me you know, I really like you alot but I don’t talk

richie123
    richie123
    Participant
    April 8, 2019 at 1:35 pm #198332

“theres something important that i need to tell you" in my mind i knew what it was going to be. but i let her tell me instead of guessing. she said "The thing is that you’re way too good and I’m just me you know, I really like you alot but I don’t talk to people much and it’s so unfair and it’s kind of toxic relationship from my side to you. I’m so sorry that I’m not capable of loving at the moment i just want someone to talk to rn and I don’t want to hurt you and just hold you hostage in process of my healing, that’s totally unfair. I’m just idk not able to fall in love and have that romantic feeling for anyone but you’re an amazing guy i like you alot it’s just it’s weird my phase rn is totally emotionally not available." "how about we be friends first? Because dating is pressuring me into thinking that I’m f bad to not reciprocate what you do for me?”
    In this situation what should i do? i do want to pursue this woman as i really find her intriguing(Thx 4 replying)

carnationrose
    carnationrose
    Participant
    April 9, 2019 at 2:52 am #198375

I do not see the harm in being her friend. She obviously is going through a really rough patch and has the courage to come clean. If you like her and would thinks she derserves the benefit of your company. Then, be her friend. Give her a chance to open up to you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 9, 2019 at 9:42 pm #198409

“..this girl that i met on tinder…”
    “..on the second date {she} asked me to “exclusive date her”

“..she said “The thing is that you’re way too good…I really like you alot but… I don’t want to hurt you…”
    ” I’m just idk not able to fall in love and have that romantic feeling for anyone but you’re an amazing guy”

Lets get this straight.
    {She} is the one who asked you to commit to having an exclusive relationship after only 2 dates!
    After two months she wants to throw you in the “Friend Zone”.

In my honest opinion she’s hooking up with another guy and needed space away from you.
    Most likely she still has an active profile on Tinder!
    One of the oldest breakup speeches in the world is the: “It’s not you, it’s me” speech.

No woman believes (any man) is “too good” for her!

She said those things with the hope of softening the blow as she (dumped) you.
    She offered (friendship) as a “consolation prize” so she wouldn’t feel like the “bad guy”.
    It would be foolish for you to pursue her. Find a girl who actually desires YOU!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 9, 2019 at 10:11 pm #198411

You probably met her while she’s still going through a “bad boy” phase.
    “We ignore those who adore us and adore those who ignore us” is their motto.

You could stick such a woman in a room with five guys and have four of them extend their heart to her..
    While the 5th guy sits in a corner sipping on a cocktail acting as if she does not exist.
    That will be the guy she wants to get to know!

He’s a “mystery”, a “challenge”, someone she’ll have to “figure out” and (earn) his attention.

There are two reasons why “nice guys” finish last.

1. Nice guys do not pursue “nice girls”! (And vice versa)
    They aspire to be with someone they consider to be “out of their league” or “unavailable” to feel (special)

2. It’s only after a series of heartaches and betrayal that (some women) will try dating a “nice guy”.
    For them it’s a “practical decision”. Their heart is still with the “bad boy” or “player” type.
    However they’ve learned eating vegetables is healthier than sugar and salt.

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 8:19 am #202174

what ended up happening? to the op