Dating a girl way out my league

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

HelpNeeded123
    HelpNeeded123
    Participant
    November 9, 2018 at 5:25 am #189065

Bit of advice needed, met this girl through a dating app (both in are late 20’s). We have been on 5 dates in total but neither of us have made a move, at the end of each date we have always hugged but that is literally as far as it goes. Regarding the 5 dates they included; Dinner, Bowling, Lunch, Drinks & home cooked meal.

My biggest issue is that I have always seen her as way out of my league, she is by far the best-looking girl that I have dated which has caused me to almost hold off from making a move due to the fear of making a mistake and pushing her away. With each date the conversation has flown well and has never felt awkward & always managed to make each other laugh. The conversation offline however can sometimes feel a bit slower.

For the next date I have decided on a trip to London: Dinner, Comedy show, followed by a drink or two at a roof top bar. My question is I want to make a move to ensure that she knows I am interested but I do not want to make things awkward. Any a

HelpNeeded123
    HelpNeeded123
    Participant
    November 9, 2018 at 5:25 am #189066

Any advice is welcomed, thank you in advance.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 12:47 pm #189181

“I want to make a move to ensure that she knows I am interested but I do not want to make things awkward.”
    It’s thoughts like that put guys in the “friend zone”.
    The longer you go without making a move the odds increase you will be seen as a “platonic friend”.

During your dates and even phone calls there should have been laughter, flirtatious banter, and maybe a little sexual innuendo.
    It’s also not uncommon to greet with a kiss, to hold hands while walking, and a little incidental touching

Truth is you should have leaned in of good-night kiss at the conclusion of the first or second date!

You need to get outside of your own head and stop acting like she is out of your league.
    As far as (she) knows all of the girls you have dated have been attractive!
    Women find confidence to be sexy. She is either into you or not.
    The only way to find out is by making a move. Rejection saves time and money.

I would not do the extravagant trip to London/show/drinks without having kissed her.

Mike11
    Mike11
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 2:39 pm #189186

Your problem is in the title of this post. If you think she is out of your league then things may not work because of how YOU feel about the situation. If she really was out of your league then she wouldn’t want anything more than friendship from you no matter what you do, so if you finally try to make a move after the 5 dates you’ve been on then you’ll get your answer. If she turns you away then maybe it’s best that you tell her how you really feel, and if she doesn’t show interest then maybe you should just continue being friends.