Dating a guy with mommy issues

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 5:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sophie
    sophie
    Participant
    December 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #226383

So I am nearly 2 years into a relationship with this guy, things have been amazing although small concerns cropped up such as his mams opinions, his mam driving him everywhere. This has now become an issue where my boyfriend will not come to mine as I drive and he does not. His mam causes him to be anxious over everything. He blows hot and cold in arguments. But the main reason I have come to realize he has mommy issues is the fact he refuses to move out of his mother’s house and claims he is not ready to part from her…. he is 30 in a matter of months. It really is affecting our relationship as I can not afford to live alone so I am also living at home but ready to move out and forward. He relies on his mam for everything and I am made to seem the unusual one when in their house even though I know I am not the one with unhealthy relationships with my parents. Has anyone had experience with a mommy boy? He literally won’t get a bus because I drive so should do it because his mam does.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 10, 2019 at 2:28 pm #226389

Oftentimes in such matters it’s not about “right” or “wrong” but rather “agree” or “disagree”.
    Like attracts like and opposites attract divorce attorneys!
    There is no amount of “communication” or “work” which can overcome being with someone who doesn’t want what you want.

Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) what you want in a mate.

There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships.
    We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Accept them (as is) or move on. The choice is up to us!
    Suffering is optional.