Dating Sites are stressful

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2020 at 4:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Familyguy95
    Familyguy95
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 12:24 pm #229521

been on POF Okcupid and Meetme since 2013 and never had one date. The women always cancel the dates with me 24 hours before it happens. It’s impossible to meet people through sites

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 12:43 pm #229529

“been on POF Okcupid and Meetme since 2013 and never had one date.”
    “It’s impossible to meet people through sites”

According to a Match commercial 1 in 5 weddings take place between couples who met online.
    It is also known that millions of people of have used online dating sites and apps around the world.

If you have been using online dating sites for (7 years) without having a single date you’re doing something wrong!

It could be you chose the wrong type of site, have a bad profile photo, or the content of your profile is unappealing.
    You may be pursuing women who are “out of your league” or your initial approach is off-putting/not establishing a good rapport. Have you considered reading any “how to” materials or sought out a dating coach for assistance?

You may want to read: {Online Dating Avoid The Catfish! How to Date Online Successfully}

In addition to offering concise advice it contains resource links to assist you with having a better outcome.

Best wishes!

lenovo85
    lenovo85
    Participant
    February 14, 2020 at 11:54 am #229653

Dating site are ok but they are hard, the women are bombarded by guys on POF so you have to be lucky to get a reply. I met my ex on POF and recently met a girl and had a couple of dates with her but it seems she got scared and has ex issues.

Bumble is another one to try – women have to message you first so better chance of a date but again sometimes they just stop talking after you think it was going well. I met another girl recently and had two date with her.

Try not to message too much, never text again if you’ve not had a reply, don’t reply right away to every message, get the initial im not a weirdo messages out the way then slow down the texting until you meet.

Maybe i got lucky

NotARobot
    NotARobot
    Participant
    February 16, 2020 at 4:20 am #229710

I’m a very busy person and with the ME2 and other such movements; I’m afraid to be “flirty” with women in real life. I do find date sites stressful but I do take breaks and remember that I don’t know what’s really going on on the other side of the server. Something could have happened and with all the fake profiles some of these sites use; it becomes a fun game of who is real and who isn’t but they still can’t pass my version of the Turing Quiz lol

@familyguy95 I don’t know your life or situation but if you can’t depend on this artificial life. Seven years is a long time to be paying for something that is failing you. The World’s Two Greatest Advice Columnists Abby and Anne; would have told you to join a local group and socialize. Reality will always beat out the Matrix and the fakes that are dropping you on a 24hr notice.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by NotARobot NotARobot. Reason: spelling and poor sentence structure
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by NotARobot NotARobot.
    govguy84
    govguy84
    Participant
    February 22, 2020 at 11:30 pm #230306

first time here

m.casa
    m.casa
    Participant
    February 23, 2020 at 11:13 am #230312

I really don’t think dating sites work for everyone. Some people have a better time finding random people at a bar, or through work. But there’s other websites that you can try, and there’s also Facebook and other social media sites that are low key helpful with those types of things too.
    I seriously wish you the best of luck, you can totally find someone awesome.

Cw12453
    Cw12453
    Participant
    February 23, 2020 at 1:10 pm #230316

Dating sites can be frustrating. I have been using them for a little while and it really is how you talk to people. Like with match for example, it is hard to differentiate if a person is interested, or trying to keep their free 6 months.