Depressed BF won't talk to me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Depressed BF won't talk to me

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 6:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TWill21
    TWill21
    Participant
    October 25, 2018 at 10:09 am #187855
    Reply To: Depressed BF won't talk to me

Thank you for sharing your story with me(richiro). We are in a much better place. We have a whole new set of problems. He is slowly coming out of his funk. I found out that he wasn’t taking his medication regularly. He also quit his job due to his depressive state. He didn’t feel like he was able to perform, so he just impulsively quit. I’m slightly disappointed in him, but he is communicating me more. We are not 100% but we are better than we were before. Again, thanks for sharing your story with me it really helped.

ShawnDude82
    ShawnDude82
    Participant
    October 25, 2018 at 12:50 pm #187861

Glad to hear things are better. That’s a valid concern for anyone. I’m still a virgin, so I don’t have to worry about “not being able to perform anymore”, yet.

I’m glad he’s opening up to you now, though.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 25, 2018 at 1:20 pm #187863

TWill – like i said.. the ball is really in your court. Are you okay with this? Can you accept hiim as he is? Are you the person that can go thru the ups and downs with him over time and be the one strong enough to be happy and supportive with such a person?

Because.. this is the reality of being with a clinically depressed or bipolar person. It’s a lifelong series and cycle of EXACTLY what you’re seeing right now.

For me.. i realized i wasn’t that person, not that strong to handle it. Or in another way, the people i’ve been with weren’t the ones I wanted to be that strong for and weren’t the ones for me where I’d be willing to be.

Good luck to you.

TWill21
    TWill21
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 4:53 pm #188554

Sorry if I’m bothering you, richiro…but what ways or tactics did you use to cope and focus on yourself during those times? I find it very difficult to do so myself. I consume myself with how he is and how he’s doing. I realize that this behavior is not healthy and like you said I need to be strong for us both. I honestly want to make it work. I am just now coming to the realization that he isn’t going anyway, so I just have to bare it until he’s better. I would also like your input on something else. I offered to help him pay for therapy and other things he needs to get better. He resists taking my help. What would you make of that? I have asked him and he said that I help too much…but that’s the depression talking…or at least I think so

Ts0024
    Ts0024
    Participant
    November 3, 2018 at 12:06 am #188676

Just be honest with him

1 2