Did I already mess this up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 8:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Witty name here
    Participant
    May 23, 2018 at 3:16 am #174974

Long story but ill try to condense it as much as I can.

Basically I knew this girl in high School but never talked to her because I had super low self esteem. Fast forward 3 years now, and I ran into her on Sunday while she was working. I recognized her right off the bat, but she didnt recognize me. I was with my family at the time and we talked a little bit but left before I could really get anywhere. So I went back about an hour later and asked for her number. She gave it to me and even gave me a first date idea (fishing). I decided not totext her until today tuesday and when I did this morning asking her out for fishing this weekend, I got no response back at all.
    Now, I want to call her tomorrow Wednesday and try to talk to her and hopefully ask her out again. Is this too much? I really dont want to just let it go because I’m not very successful in general with women (I haven’t been on a date in 3 years now) and I feel like she gave me her number so she at least was interested

adubthaman
    Participant
    May 28, 2018 at 3:21 pm #175416

You should call her!!!

Coach_Michael21
    Participant
    May 29, 2018 at 10:11 am #175435

Hi there,

So far, I think you’re doing the right thing, and you have good instincts not to become too overbearing by calling/texting too much. I think you did the right thing by sending a text, but she’s not responding. I usually recommend giving her 24 hours to reply to an initial text, if she doesn’t reply by then, I would send one more follow up text. This is a kind of “last chance” text. It’s important to remember not to be overbearing and needy. Don’t say things like, “Did you get my last message?” “Where are you?” or “Must be pretty busy, huh?” These are extremely needy, and you most likely won’t get a reply.

One good thing to do is to make the text kind of light -hearted and funny. Adding humor always works. You can also send a text with a cool GIF or telling her something interesting about your day that’s completely unrelated to your date. If she doesn’t respond to this follow up text, I usually assume she isn’t interested.

Babayaga80
    Babayaga80
    Participant
    May 29, 2018 at 12:33 pm #175471

Give her a ring, always possible with technology she may have not got on the message or with life things happen. Just be confident and talk about plans (to fish) if she doesnt answer leave her a message and the ball is in her court. You got this!