Did I blow it??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did I blow it??

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

adubthaman
    Participant
    April 29, 2018 at 11:42 pm #171815
    Did I blow it??

I’m a 29 year old male and starting talking to a woman I went to school with last year..Over a couple months we started to get close as friends and by late January it seemed like we were heading in the right direction because she had been sending me good morning texts for about 2 months and we were having great conversion. I had asked her for sex in December and she said no and she was running from sex and relationships until May 2019 but in Febuary we were talking so much that I just thought I had a chance..I unfortunately have some social anxiety disorder so I never asked her what we were I just went off the vibe she had a lot of stress going on ran out of town for over a month an when she returned I pretty much blew it..I asked should I change my relationship status yet an she didn’t kno wat I mean then told me she wasn’t ready for a relationship an I shouldn’t have assumed. She didn’t talk to me for 10 days but called me out of the blue an we’re friends again..Did I blow it??

mickey9694
    Participant
    May 5, 2018 at 9:49 am #172291

This chick sounds like drama. Cut off all contact. No explanation, no further words with her, just simply cut off all communication.

adubthaman
    Participant
    May 6, 2018 at 8:39 pm #172320

Thanks a lot..Even if I did blow it we’re friends again and I’m just happy for that because ive known her actually for over 20 years..We were just never around each other much in high school I guess I was just chasing that fairy tale story. I’ll still be there for her any way I can

gmarie
    Participant
    May 7, 2018 at 9:47 pm #172474

i don’t think you necessarily blew it. it just wasn’t right. she didn’t want sex and she ran away and you didn’t exactly know to to communicate freely without getting anxious. that’s OK. just give it some time, and you’ll find someone else.

Anonymous
    May 8, 2018 at 1:26 am #172482

You tried getting into a relationship before having some sexual intimacy with her? I think you should have tried setting up some fun scenarios (dates) and trying to end up in bed with her first before asking her about relationship status.

adubthaman
    Participant
    May 8, 2018 at 8:41 am #172477

Is it a good sign that we’re still friends? When she turned the sex down in Dec she said ‘the next person I have sex with I plan to be with and build with..I’m not saying it won’t be you but I’m not touching another guy for a long time”..I’ll talk to other people but I just like this woman a lot and I sensed that she likes me. I thought I would never hear from her again because I got upset after she said we weren’t close to dating and we kind of had an argument back and forth and I never thought I would hear from her again. She called back after 10 days saying I’m not mad i’m not spiteful I just have a lot going on an she called RIGHT after a trauma situation with her ex. I’ll stay her friend and see where it leads when we turn 30 years of age next year

adubthaman
    Participant
    May 8, 2018 at 8:41 am #172480

Thanks!!