did I finally meet a nice guy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 2:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MiaPia123
    MiaPia123
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 12:47 pm #191488

I met this guy in one of my classes two months ago. He always says “I’ll hit you up,” and “we should definitely study together/ hang out” and does so, but I guess I want to find out if he’s different from the other guys I’ve met. He definitely takes more time to open himself up and doesn’t try to just go up to my room. He’s also a bit shy and doesn’t party a lot like my other guy friends.

Is it possible that I’ve come across a nice guy? FYI we’re both freshmen in college.

MiaPia123
    MiaPia123
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 12:48 pm #191489

Also, could he be interested in me?

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 4:32 pm #191515

“and does so”…So, he does indeed study/hang out with you.
    “takes more time to open himself up”….He is sharing information to you.
    “doesn’t try to just go up to my room”….He is not interested in hooking up/sex only
    “doesn’t party”….that might/could be good thing

It looks like he might have some interest in you. He could be looking to see what your reaction is going to be. Agree to study/hang out with him. Take it slow, and have fun. The only way to find out if he is really “different and a nice guy” is to study/hang out with him. Let things occur naturally. Start by agreeing to study/hang out with him, and see where things flow from there.

Lillyinrain
    Lillyinrain
    Participant
    December 22, 2018 at 3:54 pm #191608

You can ask him out for a coffee something and see how he reacts.

LYRASIS
    LYRASIS
    Participant
    December 22, 2018 at 6:35 pm #191613

Take it slow! I have had my share of encounters. And, if it’s one thing I met is that if you think you’ve found a good guy DO NOT JUMP INTO BED RIGHT AWAY! It drives men crazy in a good way if you keep them waiting as long as humanly possible.

ImInsecure89
    ImInsecure89
    Participant
    December 23, 2018 at 5:34 am #191630

Seems like it

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 23, 2018 at 12:34 pm #191638

It was all going so well until you asked: “Also, could he be interested in me?”
    Generally speaking if you have to “figure out” if a guy likes you he probably isn’t into you.

No matter what, it takes (time) to truly get to know someone.
    Almost everyone is “nice” when they are attracted to someone in the beginning.
    Attempting to “fast forward” in order to determine if someone is who they seem to be never works.

“Is it possible that I’ve come across a nice guy?”
    Keep your options open by going out with other guys until there is a {mutual} feeling or desire to become exclusive.
    It’s way too early to be doodling his last name next to your first name.

Last but not least most 18 or 19 year old guys are in no hurry to “settle down”.
    They want to establish a career, play video games, watch sports, party with friends, and get laid.
    The average age of a first time bride is 27 and it is 29 for grooms in the U.S.
    Odds are any relationship you have at this age will fail. Date for fun and explore.

H0pEfulR0mAntic
    H0pEfulR0mAntic
    Participant
    December 23, 2018 at 6:05 pm #191645

It’s quite possible you may have found a great guy. That is not to say that he doesn’t have interest in you on a more physical level as well. His upbringing may contribute to the level of respect he has for women. If his mother raised him to be a gentleman, then he is doing what he has been naturally brought up to do. In a situation like this, if you are interested in him on a deeper level, you should find a way to show him how you feel. He might not see an opening into your heart yet. Show him the door and lead him through. If he is in fact a “nice guy”, he might even be a little hesitant or shy at first. This is not a bad thing, it’s actually quite the opposite. Value and respect this man as he does you. And be sure to look him up on something like Global Max Search or one of the many other online investigation services out there. The internet has a plethora of tools to help you figure out how “nice” a guy actually is before you open up and give yourself completely over to him.

tori25
    tori25
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 1:45 pm #192064

I think you should take it slow and find out more about him before you judge him too quickly or let your guard all the way down