Did I look desperate/needy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did I look desperate/needy?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 9:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    June 2, 2014 at 7:03 pm #54281
    Reply To: Did I look desperate/needy?

Somthing like “Hey…I sent you message a few days ago, but I”m not sure if you got it. I am busy over the next couple of weekends and would not have time to hang out, but I am free this Sunday if you are interested. Call or text me back by Wednesday if you are interested so that I can plan accordingly. If not, no worries! It was a pleasure meeting and I wish you the best.”

If you never hear back from her, then you know she is not interested. If she is interested, then cool. I’m just saying….you never know what happens with technology so it never hurts to just follow up, just in case something did go awry with her phone.

darian60
    darian60
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 12:23 am #54288

Honestly think about the first date from a truly objective standpoint. Did she display signs of attraction to you or was she simply pleasant, nice to you? Did she linger at the the end of the night or just dive in for the hug and left?

I don’t think you did anything wrong at all. The 3 day rule is stupid and archaic. You probably could have been a little clearer that your reasoning for a short turn around for a 2nd date was due to your schedule. That said, I also don’t think that the Sunday following the Thursday is that “soon”. I’ve regularly have had 2nd dates within 3 to 4 days of the first.

It isn’t going to hurt anything to send a follow up text in case she didn’t get the first one. You can only have something to gain. I wouldn’t text any more after that though.

draper101
    draper101
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 8:37 am #54287

Yeah, PLENTY of times my wife was like “Why did you hit ignore!?” I’m like “What are you TALKING about?? Look at my missed calls…last one from you was yesterday!” Phones screw up ALL THE TIME. Gotta give it one more shot for both that reason and what I said earlier. At least you’ll know.

jojo123
    jojo123
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 8:55 am #54302

?

AllAmericanGirl
    AllAmericanGirl
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 11:35 am #54343

I don’t think showing your interest a day after the date was a bad thing. If she is giddy too, it was an appreciated text. She might just be busy and trying to figure out a way to come up with something to do in case she is busy on Sunday.

I would not text here for a few days, even if you don’t here from her. Then send a casual note, not mentioning that she didn’t respond to your previous text, and see what happens then.

entreri22
    entreri22
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 6:40 pm #54395

You didnt necessarily do anything wrong, but you probably should have waited until next week. Give her space and send her one more text later on.

tara
    tara
    Participant
    June 6, 2014 at 4:16 pm #54696

That would be too soon for me. If I went out with a guy on a Friday, and he asked me out again for Sunday it would seem a bit desperate to me. I’d prefer the guy ask me out for the following weekend.

akonoway
    akonoway
    Participant
    June 6, 2014 at 4:57 pm #54705

… so I like Heidi pic and her response is fine too… so how do we connect?

Thank you! Neal H. Hurwitz, NY NY (on LinkedIn)
    Nealhugh Hurwitz on Facebook 🙂

akonoway
    akonoway
    Participant
    June 6, 2014 at 4:59 pm #54706

PS— if you like each other there are no rules, just ways to connect… all the rest is speculation not worthy of time or effort… .

KISS. 🙂

howcanitell
    howcanitell
    Participant
    June 8, 2014 at 3:31 am #54744

I hate this whole, you have to wait a certain amount of time etc…I think it’s crap. I think if you two hit it off it shouldn’t matter if you texted or asked her out again. In fact I think texting to make sure she got home was a sweet gesture. And asking for another date so soon was not desperate. In my opinion she either wasn’t as into you as you thought or she is seeing someone else.

1 2