Did I make it all up

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did I make it all up

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 1:31 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    February 19, 2020 at 12:46 pm #229925
    Did I make it all up

So my ex and I broke up about 3 years ago and we didn’t have communication because I needed space to move on (I have known this guy over 15 years btw). I reached out back in August to hang when I was his city and we slept together- he phrased it as friends who have history having a fun night which I was fine with. Afterwards we continue to text regularly and he continues to invite me places and initiate meetups and promises to communicate better this time around. He invited me down for Vday this past weekend (3 hrs away from my house) to meet his friends and hangout at a party they were throwing. At the end of the weekend I’m obviously more attached than in August and ask what we are doing he says “he thought just friends and not sure what he did to make it seem like more” I felt completely crazy and stupid. He even had a convo with my best friend about how glad he was we reconnected and he wanted to build a stronger connection this time. Did I build up a fantasy in my head!?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 20, 2020 at 4:19 pm #230199

“So my ex and I broke up about 3 years ago and we didn’t have communication because I needed space to move on”
    “I reached out back in August to hang when I was his city and we slept together”
    “he phrased it as friends who have history having a fun night which I was fine with.”

“He invited me down for Vday this past weekend (3 hrs away from my house) to meet his friends and {hangout at a party} they were throwing.” “I’m obviously more attached than in August and ask what we are doing
    he says “he thought just friends and not sure what he did to make it seem like more””

Here’s what happened. His friends were throwing a party which happened to be on Valentine’s Day weekend.
    He did NOT invite you because it was {Valentine’s Day}!

My guess is he didn’t have a dozen roses, a card, or box of chocolates for you.
    “Hanging out” is NOT dating! You’re “friends with benefits”

Just because someone enjoys having sex and hanging out with you doesn’t mean they want a relationship.
    Having sex with an ex often causes someone to believe they’re “getting back together”.
    It’s just sex for the other person.

blinda
    blinda
    Participant
    February 23, 2020 at 9:09 am #230309

i think you need to listing to your spirit
    and do what your heart tells you
    but before try to know what axctly did this guy want

m.casa
    m.casa
    Participant
    February 23, 2020 at 10:36 am #230310

It sounds like he might either miss you or he is playing with you.
    Try telling him about how funny or smart one of your male friends or coworkers are and see how he reacts. if he acts jealous there’s a good chance he still wants to be more than just fwb. And if he acts like he doesn’t care maybe he doesn’t and you’re wasting your time, or he could just be trying to shrug it off. maybe try saying that the friend or coworker in question kinda reminds you of a different ex and see how he reacts, if he still doesn’t care it’s probably a lost cause. 7mo is a long time to not ask you to get back together.