Did I move too fast or is she uninterested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 2:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

January 22, 2019 at 2:34 am #193087

So I approached this girl (shes shy) she was nervous to talk to me at first and her body language was weird. We got along great and we talked and walked around the campus in lunch and had an amazing conversation of many topics oh I even made her laugh A LOT too and we made great eye contact and always looked me when we were walking. I then took her to class when the bell rang and asked her to add me on snapchat at first she hesitated then she said she would add me the next day but I kind of insisted her to take it (ik big mistake) so she agreed. I wrote my snapchat down on a piece of paper but she didn’t even take it and said that she would add me over the weekend which she did not. What should I do? My friend said I was a fool because I moved quickly and I pushed her to add me when she didn’t want to. What should I do? Should I talk to her as if nothing happened and yes I will take things slow next time I learned my lesson.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 25, 2019 at 11:57 am #193415

“..I wrote my snapchat down on a piece of paper but {she didn’t even take it} – Big clue!
    ” I pushed her to add me when she didn’t want to.”
    The problem wasn’t so much that you moved too quickly but rather you came on too strong!

Clearly she was not romantically interested in you and yet you made an attempt to (force her) to add you.
    I suspect the reason why you offered to give her your snapchat instead of (asking for hers) is you feared rejection.

Not everyone is so casual with adding people they really don’t know to their social media.
    For the most part you were still a complete stranger. You also probably didn’t find out if she was already seeing someone.
    Just because you had a conversation and a few laughs doesn’t mean she doesn’t have a boyfriend or significant other.

The world has gotten so cold and cruel that when someone is friendly and kind it’s mistaken for romantic interest.
    Unless there was clearly some playful flirtatious banter or sexual innuendo on both sides it’s platonic.

January 28, 2019 at 8:27 am #193518

Ok

January 28, 2019 at 8:27 am #193519

ok thank you

avoidingafriendzone
    avoidingafriendzone
    Participant
    January 30, 2019 at 1:02 am #193738

I don’t think you “moved too quickly” but I would advise you to go with the flow and not mention the fact that she didn’t add you, at least for a little while. Continue to have good conversation with her, try not to make her feel uncomfortable, let it come naturally. In a few weeks (or when the time feels right) you could mention it in a playful manner!

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 7:55 am #194010

hello umnothingunusualhere

Very interesting situation. I have a few questions that will help me to provide you with relevant feed back.
    1. So I approached this girl I like (shes shy) she was nervous to talk to me at first and her body language was weird.
    When you say you liked this girl what do you mean? what were you specifically attaracted to?
    2. When you said the bell rang it gave me the impression of high school. Are you high school or college students?
    3. What were you feeling and saying to yourself when you asked her to add you on snapchat?
    4. What is your relationship history?

It is veryimportant for you to understand what you are feeling, thinking, and why you do what you do when connecting to women. you take yourself where ever you go and there is a difference between intellectually saying something like I’ll slow down next time, and being able to actually do it.

I look forward to reading your response and providing you with helpful feed back.

GJ