Did I move too fast or is she uninterested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 9:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

January 22, 2019 at 2:42 am #193088

So I approached this girl I like (shes shy) she was nervous to talk to me at first and her body language was weird. We got along great and we talked and walked around the campus in lunch and had an amazing conversation of many topics oh I even made her laugh A LOT too and we made great eye contact and always looked me when we were walking. I then took her to class when the bell rang and asked her to add me on snapchat at first she hesitated then she said she would add me the next day but I kind of insisted her to take it (ik big mistake) so she agreed. I wrote my snapchat down on a piece of paper but she didn’t even take it and said that she would add me over the weekend which she did not. What should I do? My friend said I was a fool because I moved quickly and I pushed her to add me when she didn’t want to. What should I do? Should I talk to her as if nothing happened and yes I will take things slow next time I learned my lesson. Also sorry for posting twice but I need answers asap.

simplemann28
    simplemann28
    Participant
    January 23, 2019 at 1:56 pm #193257

So in my opinion i would have given her my number and asked for hers in return. i dont think she was blowing you off because sounds like class was just about to start. i would have asked before this when the tension was high.

CuriousGuy
    CuriousGuy
    Participant
    January 24, 2019 at 5:54 pm #193388

In a similar situation just keep talking to her normally and build more rapor. Then when u feel the time is right ask her for her number

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 25, 2019 at 12:42 pm #193419

“..I wrote my snapchat down on a piece of paper but {she didn’t even take it} – Big clue!
    ” I pushed her to add me when she didn’t want to.”
    The problem wasn’t so much that you moved too quickly but rather you came on too strong!

Clearly she was not romantically interested in you and yet you made an attempt to (force her) to add you.
    I suspect the reason why you offered to give her your snapchat instead of (asking for hers) is you feared rejection.

Not everyone is so casual with adding people they really don’t know to their social media.
    For the most part you were still a complete stranger. You also probably didn’t find out if she was already seeing someone.
    Just because you had a conversation and a few laughs doesn’t mean she doesn’t have a boyfriend or significant other.
    The world has gotten so cold and cruel that when someone is friendly and kind it’s mistaken for romantic interest.
    Unless there was clearly some playful flirtatious banter or sexual innuendo on both sides it’s platonic.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    January 26, 2019 at 10:07 am #193491

Very interesting situation. I have a few questions that will help me to provide you with relevant feed back.
    1. So I approached this girl I like (shes shy) she was nervous to talk to me at first and her body language was weird.
    When you say you liked this girl what do you mean? Did you know her before or are you responding to what you see physically ?
    2. When you said the bell rang it gave me the impression of high school. Are you high school or college students?
    3. What were you feeling and saying to yourself when you asked her to add you on snapchat?
    what is your relationship history?
    I look forward to reading your response and providing you with helpful feed back.

kingofattraction
    kingofattraction
    Participant
    January 26, 2019 at 10:15 am #193492

she is simply not that into you.

January 28, 2019 at 8:27 am #193516

Guy’s it’s no use I blew it completely. She’s ignoring me now (but when I’m not looking I can see from the corner of my eye she looks at me sometimes she’s probably creeped out by me) and her friends look at me weird and avoid eye contact completely when we pass by. One time her friend that sits a table apart from me joked about the situation to another friend of hers trying to make fun of me. It’s sad to see that I’m a joke now after looking desperate and needy but I didn’t mean to come off like that I really didn’t. It’s ok guys thanks for the help I just don’t know what to do anymore any help would be appreciated and I learned a valuable lesson the hard way.

January 28, 2019 at 8:27 am #193520

oh

January 28, 2019 at 8:27 am #193522

she’s not into me

January 28, 2019 at 8:27 am #193523

Well it’s no use now guys she does not like me at all. She ignores me now but I catch her staring at me sometimes probably because she’s creeped out by me. Her friends look at me weird and avoid eye contact when we pass by. This one time her friend that sits a table apart joked about the situation to another friend of hers obviously trying to make fun of me. I am seen as a joke now all because I made myself look desperate and look like a fool in general. I don’t know what to do….

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 2:39 pm #194027
    Reply To: Did I move too fast or is she uninterested?

hello Umnothingunusualhere

It sounds like you are in a very uncomfortable situation right now. One of the major reasons you are struggling is because you keep looking all over the place instead of the one place you need to be looking; and that’s within you. I would like to help you but I need you to help me by giving me a little background information.

1. How old are you?
    2. What is your relationship history?
    3. What did you like about this girl (what attracted you to her)?
    4. What were you feeling and saying to yourself when you asked her to add you on snapchat?

I look forward to reading your response and providing you my feedback

GJ