Did I ruin my chances

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did I ruin my chances

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 8:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lucashood2018
    lucashood2018
    Participant
    October 11, 2018 at 6:39 am #186739
    Did I ruin my chances

I’ve been texting back and forth this girl that works in the same company as I do but in completely different departments for the past few weeks . I am currently on vacation leave for 2 weeks and texted her asking if she cared to meet up for a coffee some day during the time I was off she said would definitely be on for it and just to let her know when suited. A few days later one Sunday night I had to go into work for a few minutes to print some stuff off . The girl in question happened to be there that night as she sometimes goes in to work at the weekends to study for a masters degree shes currently doing. I asked her to come for a coffee in the canteen and she did and this is where I think I fucked things up Its not so much anything I said but as I sat across from her I think I failed a test. She basically eyeballed the fuck out of me and I just couldn’t hold my nerve and not look away submissively. The problem is I am quite insecure I used to be very overweight and with very little dating experience so I’m only starting to work on myself now. The other issue is that I really like this girl and if it had been a girl I had just met I wouldn’t have had been so submissive or shy. Can anyone offer some advice on how to possibly retrieve the situation.Its now Thursday and theres been no correspondence from either of us since Sunday night. Im not really sure if the out of work coffee date is going to happen now and I don’t want to be the one to contact her first, any advice

• This topic was modified 6 days, 21 hours ago by lucashood2018 lucashood2018.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 11, 2018 at 12:17 pm #186824

Building one’s confidence does not come overnight.
    If you don’t already have topics of discussion to talk about all of your “first dates” will be awkward.
    No one you meet is going to know about your history of being overweight or lacking dating experience.
    That’s all in YOUR head. (Negative “self-talk” will always hold you back.)

You have to be the one to contact her because the whole meeting for coffee was YOUR idea!
    If she backs out you saved yourself some money and time.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

As one old adage goes: “Sometimes you have to fake it until you make it.”
    No one’s asking you to decide on whether to cut the red wire or the blue wire. Relax! It’s just a date.

You need to learn to use your sense of humor and utilize flirtatious banter when meeting new women and during first dates.
    If you can get a woman to smile/laugh that will thaw the ice.
    Keep it light ask: What her favorite (blank) is.. different subjects.

Remmy_12
    Remmy_12
    Participant
    October 15, 2018 at 3:23 pm #187054

I agree ^^^ all in your head, if something as simple as that one her running then she wasn’t the one anyway, there are better fish in the sea : )

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 17, 2018 at 4:09 pm #187308

leave some time/space, then ask her out again. i recommend to “nervous shy” people to find a fun acivity you can do (mini golf or something to that nature is my go-to for this.. sports is my other goto if we’re both athletes). That way there is a naturally fun activity that lends itself to some topics of conversation if you want.

I don’t think things are lost yet, but you obviously didn’t put on a 100% show.

So.. as others have said – this is LESS about you needing to learn “techniques’ and MORE about you learning how to be social, comfy, be able to talk, and just enjoy the moment without making it life or death (beacuse it is NOT life or death). You are there to enjoy the time, and the company with somebody – not convince them to marry you for the next 40-50 yrs!

So take it easy and make dates somethign yo are naturally comfrotable with and can talk about (meaning the date activity) and go from there.