Did I scare the guy I'm dating away?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

miaeb
    miaeb
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 5:49 am #188390

So I’ve just started dating someone around a month ago and when we first started speaking we would talk all day, He didn’t have Instagram the first few weeks but he recently got it back and followed me (I told him I’d prefer not to have him but he insisted) then his replies become less frequent but I would always see him online liking other girls pictures (I don’t mind him liking anything its just when he’s ignoring me)
    I unfollowed him as i didn’t want to see this and then he went mad at me claiming I was childish and he claimed would reassure me whenever I had any worries so I followed him back
    But this last week he has been distant, when I called him on it he claims he’s just been busy (although always on Instagram posting etc)
    Also he lives just around the corner, about a 4 minute walk and I’ve seen him every weekend since we started dating but this weekend gone nothing. No plans made.

miaeb
    miaeb
    Participant
    November 1, 2018 at 8:28 am #188391

So I unfollowed again and I’m talking like 3 hours without a reply but during this time following other girls, I understand he can’t talk 24/7 I don’t want that anyway, I’m also a very insecure person so I dont want to see the girls he follows as they’re all stunning and it makes me feel low about myself (he knew this already and carried on doing it, I unfollowed rather than bring it up again because who wants someone whos insecure)
    The last time we spoke we argued about this and he just called me a weirdo and ignored me.
    I only text once this was Monday so I’m unsure if i should text again? I don’t want to come across needy, I also suspect he is just using this as an excuse as he was distant the week before this.
    Do I now seem like a crazy person who overracted and have I totally messed up? I didn’t do it for attention or anything just simply because I’d rather not see when he’s ignoring me and I didn’t bring it up again because I didn’t see the point in argument about it

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 2, 2018 at 2:32 am #188584

“The last time we spoke we argued about this and he just called me a weirdo and ignored me.”
    At the one month mark of a new relationship most couples are still in the “infatuation/honeymoon phase”.
    This is the time when both people bend over backwards to impress and not offend one another.

If unfollowing him was all it took to dump you he clearly was not “the one” for you.
    Thankfully you found out what type of person he is after only (one month) instead of investing years.

In order for (him) to have been “the one” he would have had to see (you) as being “the one”.
    Your “soulmate” would WANT to be with you!

” I’m also a very insecure person…” STOP comparing yourself to others!
    No matter what you look like there are always going to be better looking, cooler, hipper, and sexier people.
    Know Yourself, Love Yourself, Trust Yourself!

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!
    “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

pmphustle20
    pmphustle20
    Participant
    November 2, 2018 at 10:35 am #188624

Agreed ^^

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    November 2, 2018 at 1:11 pm #188638

yeah you been “high maintenance” and drama from the start. from telling him NOT to follow you, to then not following him (twice) and being a very insecure person who an’t handle him following pretty women. now i’m not saying he’s a SAINT or handling this well…

but you need to work on your insecurity and persistent feelings of “unworthiness” and find out why you are like this and fix it. at that point you can then consider dating again when you can handle it.

good luck.

prscrcks123
    prscrcks123
    Participant
    November 9, 2018 at 9:00 pm #189159

It’s too soon to be this way with the person you just started dating. Sounds like he’s not the right guy. If you’re already having arguments this early on then maybe you should take a step back and see if this is truly someone you want to be spending your time with.