Did I screw it up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Did I screw it up?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 12:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pearlytwinkle
    pearlytwinkle
    Participant
    November 23, 2018 at 11:44 pm #189734
    Did I screw it up?

There is a guy in my school who has been flirting with me lately. He is a very shy person and has been complimenting me so much that it makes me wonder if he likes me or has a crush on me. He texted me the other day asking if I wanted to go out with him over the weekend. I had other plans that I was still discussing with my friends, so responded saying I’d confirm it in the next couple of days.

Two days later, I respond asking if he wants to hang out the following day. He responds saying yes and asked what time I wanted to meet. This would be my first time going out with a guy, besides since I wasn’t very sure of his intentions I has asked him to come up with the time. He then responded saying let me think about it and get back to you.

Did I say something wrong over here or did I screw up the whole hanging out plan altogether?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 24, 2018 at 12:07 pm #189735

“There is a guy in my school who has been flirting with me lately.”
    “..has been complimenting me so much that it makes me wonder if he likes me or has a crush on me.”
    “He texted me the other day asking if I wanted to go out with him over the weekend.”

After all the above took place you should KNOW the guy likes you!

Guys don’t normally compliment girls they’re not attracted to and very few would be willing to take an unattractive girl out.
    Clearly he likes what he sees in you. As far as “intentions” don’t get your hopes up for marriage and happily ever after!

At this stage in your life dating is about having FUN while focusing on your education and planning a future career.
    In all honesty most school relationships end up with someone experiencing their first broken heart or betrayal.
    No one knows what they’re doing at your age..

“I respond asking if he wants to hang out the following day.” Did you screw up?
    The person proposing the date should have a time and activity in mind.

pearlytwinkle
    pearlytwinkle
    Participant
    November 25, 2018 at 9:50 am #189768

Thanks!

We ended up going for lunch and it went went well. Both of us are very shy, so ended up talking about school stuff 🙂 I should admit that I really like this guy, no matter how he feels about me. He is very quiet , decent guy who helps everybody, so chivalrous toward women and focuses on his studies unlike other school friends I have. I missed telling you earlier that the only time we talk is when we are at school, he has my number but do not talk a whole lot unless there is something really important like school assignment. Except for these compliments and banter like buying a house together, going on vacation trip when at school, there isn’t anything outside of school that he does except for this one weekend outing we had.

I think that’s what is making this whole thing so confusing and hard. Both being shy, too much into focusing on education where I sometimes feel like he thinks of me as his best friend wherein he sees similar qualities in me.

Vanness
    Vanness
    Participant
    November 28, 2018 at 1:43 am #190022

Wish you the Best wherever that leads the both of you to.

flamnmac
    flamnmac
    Participant
    November 29, 2018 at 6:28 am #190184

Maybe you did, but more likely he is unsure of himself…. it is the old I have her attention…now what do I do? guys get nervous to now the trick is to deal with it. Most times he is trying to figure out how to impress you and therein lies the problem. He may take so long that he gives up. Sorry, your gonna have to step up.