Did i shut the door on this for good

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 11:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ghost86
    ghost86
    Participant
    December 17, 2019 at 8:44 am #226659

I was talking to this woman for several months before we finally met , she expressed frustration in the fact that i took too ling to meet up when we finally did she seemed interested very touchy feely , we went for coffee probably not a good idea ( friend vibe) we hugged at the end lol. The next week i asked her out for the following week she declined saying she had something to do. She then grew cold, not texting the same way she used to. She gives me a BS excuse that our views on kids/marriage dont align , i try to backtrack she says no she doesnt want to change my mind. Two days later i tell her you know how i feel about you and would like to see you im not interested in being friends. She says idk my feelings changed its just not the same as before for me. .. so now its her feelings changing. I should of asked her how & why they changed but i justI respond with if those feelingd change again you have my #.

ghost86
    ghost86
    Participant
    December 17, 2019 at 8:51 am #226660

She texted me a few days ago askung if i was ok after a shooting in my city I replied with a simple yes. Maybe i should if tried to talk with her i wont ask her out again , i did it twice ball is in her court. She complained that i nevercwent to see her she did have a point i took wayyy too long to meet in person we met and i was trying to seg up something the next week for the following week before she said her feelings changed.

Niw whats gonna happen is a guy is goung to tell her what she wants go her yea i want kids/marriage .. eat the “cake” then back away when she brings up kids and marriage again until she finds mr right. Smh i shouldnt of been so honest i guess smh. If she contacts me again shouod i try to setup another meeting or just keep it friendly and let HER suggest meeting up again. If shes done she lost a good goid man her

herkamer63
    herkamer63
    Participant
    December 18, 2019 at 6:36 am #226684

I’d say at this point just look for other women. What I have learned is a lot of women today don’t know what they want in a man in a realistic sense, There’s a woman I would like to get to know better and take out sometime, but based on her hanging out with her ex-boyfriend, she’s probably hoping to rekindle something with him, or it’s the guy trying to do that. I honestly don’t know. Either way, I’m hanging back for now. She’s a good person, but very confused. Best to wait, while going about my business finding other dates.

Don’t restrict yourself to just one woman in the dating world. You may have to lift some restrictions in order to date. I’m getting ready to ask a chick out, and I know there a few things I know about her, after our conversations I had with her in the past, that don’t align, but there some things that do. That’s what I’ll focus on if we go out. I’m not worried if we don’t work out, so long as we’re still friends afterwards.

Be confident and keep your options open

herkamer63
    herkamer63
    Participant
    December 18, 2019 at 6:46 am #226685

Women LOVE to play their games, too, so keep that in mind as well. Many of them do it to boost their egos. If there’s another woman that you were interested in and she expressed interest in you before, and isn’t seeing anyone, ask her out. There’s a very good chance she’ll say yes. I did it a few weeks ago with a woman who I’ve known for years. Lately, she had been very flirty with me, so I popped the question and she said yes. We had a great time, and when other women picked up on this, they have been a heck of a lot more friendly and open with me lately. The reason: they’re trying to get focus back on them. Go out enough times, those women will eventually want to go out with you. If they don’t, well, best thing to do is move on from them.

Don’t be hung up on one woman who wants to meet up then doesn’t, all the sudden. It’ll drive you crazy. I will say though that you want to be a one-woman man, which is good. Just keep dating and you’ll find the right one. Good luck, sir!

ghost86
    ghost86
    Participant
    December 18, 2019 at 10:38 am #226711

Yeah she seemed extremely interested even after the “date” but around thanksgiving she started being distant something tells me she was talking to other guys. She was uoset because i didnt see her soon enough i took way to long, i was setting up another date for the following week after the first one but she suddenly had plans. ( probably with another guy). I dint understand how you can be in lust and highly attracted to someone one week then not the next. She was sexually frustrated i was given a few opportunities to scratch that itch but i was being stupid and turned her off smh. Yeah im fone reaching out to her. She seems confused , if she doesnt reach out ill keep it friendly i asked her out once she said declined & told me her feelings have changed but whatever well see i wont chase or nag her

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 20, 2019 at 12:58 am #226829

“She gives me a BS excuse that our views on kids/marriage dont align..”
    ” i shouldnt of been so honest ”
    If that’s true it’s NOT BS!

What’s the point in getting involved with someone who does NOT want what you want?
    Secondly you set the stage with stringing her along for too long before meeting.
    It may have come off as YOU not being romantically interested in HER.

Lets face it if you thought she was “hot” you wouldn’t have taken so long to meet in person.
    She may have felt you were “keeping her on the bench” while you pursued OTHER women.
    Be honest with yourself. It’s not like you saw her as being your “soulmate”.
    You’re in a slump and wanted to hookup with what you thought would be some “low hanging fruit”.

Now that you’ve met you’re accusing (her) of playing games because she’s not in awe of you.
    She wasn’t “the one” for you! Your EGO has you dwelling on her.
    Live and learn and move on. In a world with over 7 billion people rejection just means: Next!

IloveCats
    IloveCats
    Participant
    December 20, 2019 at 3:17 am #226833

Nobody is talking to anyone.

ghost86
    ghost86
    Participant
    December 20, 2019 at 4:07 am #226838

” shes not low hanging fruit to me . I was into her thought i didn’t really show it , i wasnt talking to other girls just her , i just wanted to feel really comfortable around her, i know 2 months really. Plus she was into me more then i was in the beginning i should of been “a man” and met up it would of been easy since she was into me. Yea i can see how my waiting to me could be seen as not interested. I wasnt looking to just hook up with her & i didnt see her as my “soulmate” at least not yet

The reason i saw the kids/marriage thing was a cop out is because thats the reason she gave me when i asked to meet up again then she said feelings for me changed? When i asked her out again. I should of asked her why & how. My suspicion is she was probably talking to other guys as well and since i wasnt close to her. im not a good option.

ghost86
    ghost86
    Participant
    December 20, 2019 at 4:16 am #226839
    Reply To: Did i shut the door on this for good

Moral of this story
    When a woman drunk text you that she wants “to hold you” “ i want more then to hold you
    Or indirectly/directly suggest meeting you freaking DO IT. She was focused on me so it wouldnt matter who else she was talking to. I had her TIME. She was VERY interested in me. Her attraction fell even though we met up 1 time she was already expressing frustration in not seeing me often. Our relationship was mostly through social media. I waited 1 month to get her # smh she was taken back when I finally asked. She had a suspicion i was married because i have a ring on not on my left hand though & me not meeting her soon enough probably just fueled this belief even more, those i left my wife @ home jokes when i met her probably didnt help either. Smh. I had the woman in the palm of my hand & just let her get away.
    Only person to blame is me. O well next!! MEET them when they show they are highly attracted to you , the date should be “easy” since u know she really like u!

January 8, 2020 at 7:20 pm #227541

Look elsewhere. This woman sounds too wishy-washy.

ghost86
    ghost86
    Participant
    January 9, 2020 at 4:04 pm #227588

Her intentions & what she wanted from me was clear , i was the one that messed up