Do I chase him

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Do I chase him

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 8:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nomad
    Nomad
    Participant
    May 25, 2020 at 11:26 am #234292
    Do I chase him

Hello! I met this guy about a month ago through some friends and after a few too many drinks we hooked up. He got my number from a friend, we texted a few times but nothing came of it. Until this weekend at friend’s party. We have have similar interests and spoke a bit over the night and once again after a few too many drinks, ended up sharing a bed.
    Except this time he didn’t want to have sex so we just cuddled. In the morning after talking for a while things started to heat up, but he was just teasing with foreplay. He playfully turned me down before things could go any further and said “I need there to be a reason for you to see me again”. I tried to tease him back with no effect, he just asked when I was working during the week and if I wanted to come over or grab dinner one night. I said yes but wasn’t sure what shifts I was on so we didn’t set any plans.
    And now I’m confused. Is he interested or not? And if so, do I text what days I’m free or wait for him to contact me?

Morgan8890
    Morgan8890
    Participant
    May 25, 2020 at 6:09 pm #234293

He already gave options, you can write him and tell when you will be free

GMale
    GMale
    Participant
    May 26, 2020 at 11:34 pm #234356

Never date someone that has the same interests with you, it is just an opening for someone to take advantage of you. I know it’s counterintuitive, but research shows that couples are happier when they meet many different people in their lives.

If you read Gizmodo, I Can’t Believe I’m Alive After Using Facebook Dating, it describes a similar story, the irony being she works in the Media on dating. Men who pick up women with the exact same interests are not as emotionally secure as other men.

GMale
    GMale
    Participant
    May 28, 2020 at 1:33 am #234391

What I mean is having similar interests is not a dealbreaker.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 28, 2020 at 5:38 pm #234443

“..he just asked when I was working during the week and if I wanted to come over or grab dinner one night.”

“And now I’m confused. Is he interested or not? And if so, do I text what days I’m free or wait for him to contact me? ”

He shouldn’t have to extend an invitation twice. The ball is in your court to let him know when you’re available.
    You should call him or text him your schedule and the rest is up to him.

AmyJH
    AmyJH
    Participant
    June 7, 2020 at 4:56 pm #234718

I think he’s left the ball in your court. He’s gauging just how interested you are.

MissPaxley
    MissPaxley
    Participant
    June 8, 2020 at 9:59 am #234737

To be honest, it’s like he’s hesitant. I mean he asked you out but didn’t pursue after soo… but I hope you guys work together.

Andy_world
    Andy_world
    Participant
    June 8, 2020 at 12:16 pm #234746

you can do a little more chat with him and clear your confusion. I agee similar interests doesn’t mean the relationship will work. but it gives a common platform for communication and gets to know each other

j.pearson1976
    j.pearson1976
    Participant
    June 8, 2020 at 12:46 pm #234748

I would say its early days and too early to call, meet him for a few dates and take things from there. Doesn’t sound like you know each other yet but fact he wants to meet you is a good sign. Maybe he isn’t the best in bed so wants to take things slow

Nat9917
    Nat9917
    Participant
    June 26, 2020 at 1:31 pm #235182
    Reply To: Do I chase him

He already asked you out, the ball is in your court ! Tell him when you are available . Maybe he wanted to take things slow… it doesn’t sound like a bad thing at all. Give it a chance !