Do I like him as a friend or more?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 2:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

thatgirl122
    thatgirl122
    Participant
    July 20, 2018 at 6:49 pm #180029

I’m not a relationship person. I’ve never been in one. I met a guy over a year ago in my church. Thought he was nice and funny but not my type. Got to know him a bit. Found myself interested in getting to know him more.

Flash forward several months later. I’m hanging out with him a lot in group settings and he’s on my mind… I’m feeling jealous and insecure when he’s talking to other girls but also UNSURE. I’ve never been confused as to whether or not I like someone. I enjoy hanging around him. He can annoy me at times but I don’t get upset with him. I don’t see him as Mr.Perfect…just a guy I wouldn’t mind having in my life.

I don’t understand if I only enjoy his presence and would like to stay friends or if I want more. I’m unaware of how he feels about me which is very frustrating. He could just be Mr.Nice Guy and like me as a friend (yay for friendzone).

I have other guy friends and I do care for them. But this one is definitely the most confusing friendship I have….

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 21, 2018 at 10:55 am #180038

Sounds like you’re feeling somewhat ambivalent about this guy.
    You’re unsure about how you feel about him and unsure about how he feels about you.
    If either of you were “sure” you would have let the other know by now.

“I’m not a relationship person. I’ve never been in one.”

The first sentence sounds like you don’t want to be in a relationship.
    The second one indicates the first sentence is not a decision you made based upon any bad experiences.

Sometimes people claim they’re not “into something” or don’t want it because they don’t (believe) they can have it!
    In other words they would rather (reject) the idea or person before they themselves get rejected.

Whether it’s this guy or not ask yourself: “Do I ever {want} to be in a relationship?”

If the answer is “no” it is as you stated: You’re not a “relationship person”.
    On the other hand if the answer is “yes”; you need to learn to get over your fear of rejection and disappointment.
    Life is about (trying) to win.

Newatit
    Newatit
    Participant
    July 21, 2018 at 6:56 pm #180043

dashiingscorpio couldn’t have said it better.

Firas
    Firas
    Participant
    July 23, 2018 at 2:53 am #180060

Tell him what you told us

And see where that goes

Then u will have an end to ur Frustration

Good luck 🙂

kkcoco1999
    kkcoco1999
    Participant
    July 23, 2018 at 9:56 pm #180111

I agree with dashingscoripio 100%

Tilalit
    Tilalit
    Participant
    July 25, 2018 at 2:51 am #180208

Excellent answer, dashiingscorpio

Laura23
    Laura23
    Participant
    August 24, 2018 at 5:35 am #182499

You might be developing some feelings towards this guy since you were beginning to take an interest in him more and you were starting to feel jealous whenever other girls would talk to him. I know I would if I liked a guy. Plus, ever since you’ve been hanging out more with him, you seem to be thinking about him often. Do you do this to other guys that you’re friends with? If not, then I believe you’ve got a bit of a crush on him. Follow your heart.