Do I make a move or let it go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2019 at 3:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ValenGSB
    ValenGSB
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 7:58 pm #194548

I was dating this girl for about a month and then I think this is where I messed up. I hung out with her at her house to keep her company since she had injured her leg and I stayed for almost an entire night partly because I couldnt tell if she was waiting for me to make a move or not. So before I left, I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend and she said she was comfortable with how things currently were and its moving on too fast. So I said no worries and I agreed. Things continued on normally but I could feel it dying out over text. I tried asking to hang out again soon but she didnt get back to me until a week later, where she texted me she just wanted to be friends. I said no harm done and that I kinda saw it coming, but it left me not knowing exactly why and if I had scared her off by trying to move on too fast. I thought things were fine and I still very much like her. Its been two weeks since then, should I say or clarify something? Theres a bit more context to this also.

katrindeocampo
    katrindeocampo
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 2:21 am #194550

For me, it is already a sign that she doesn’t want to have a relationship with you more than a friend. So, I guess you should just let it go.

ValenGSB
    ValenGSB
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 4:23 am #194551

I agree and so as a follow up, I tried to make it casual by joking around with her and she even said before that if it didn’t work out everything would be fine but she’s just completely ignoring me and I’m not sure why. She even said that shes a confrontational person so I would think she would say something. As strictly a friend, supposedly, I kinda wanna ask if everythings ok but idk if I should even bother at this point.