Do I Tell Her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Do I Tell Her?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2020 at 6:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kamdynclark
    kamdynclark
    Participant
    January 2, 2020 at 8:41 pm #227209
    Do I Tell Her?

I’ve had a crush on my best friend for about a year now. She got out of a relationship with a guy about a month ago, and since then, she’s been super touchy with me (hugging, falling asleep on my shoulder, etc) and kind of flirting with me (telling me she’s never had a new years kiss), but she is kind of a flirty person. Last night, she expressed to me that she thinks she might be bisexual. I want to tell her, but she is leaving in two weeks to study abroad. I’m going to visit her with a couple of other friends this week, so, if I tell her, I don’t know if I should text and tell her before, or tell her in person. Please help!!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 4, 2020 at 2:29 pm #227286

No! It’s way too soon.

First of all a lot of straight women are touchy feely/affectionate with one another.
    When she told you she might be bisexual you should have asked her why she believes so.
    Sometimes women will launch into a tirade after breaking up with a guy but it doesn’t mean they’re ready to take a leap.

Secondly you’ve know her for a year now and yet you wait until she’s about to {go abroad} to make your feelings known.
    There’s a good chance you are “romanticizing obstacles” rather than seeing things as they (really) are.

At this point there has been no dating or courtship between you two and now she’s preparing to leave the country.
    It’s unrealistic for you to imagine the two of you will fall in love and maintain a long-distance relationship for months/years.
    If you’re going to tell someone you like them at least make sure there is ample (time) to explore the possibilities together.
    Right now it sounds like you’re in the military about to be deployed looking to have someone to hold onto.