Do we have a chance in hell?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 8:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

starcrossed
    starcrossed
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 10:40 pm #182157

So I met this guy online about 2 years ago and we’ve been gaming buddies. Over the past year we fell hopelessly in love, which was completely unexpected. He lives on the other side of the world, we’re both poor, and as it turns out, we both have debilitating chronic illnesses. Both of us are incredibly picky about the people we let in our life and we’ve fallen harder for each other than either of us even thought possible. Aside from feeling like I’ll never love another man as intensely as I love him, I’m fairly certain without me he will end up living his life alone. We share the same ideals, have a similar sense of humor, and just fit really well together in so many ways. I want to believe that there’s a chance in hell we could make things work in the long run but I also want to be realistic.

So my question is, do you guys believe that love can conquer anything? Because it seems like the whole world is against us here, but I still want to have hope…

Cluelessguy
    Cluelessguy
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 12:36 am #182159

Hi there,

Have you even meet him on video chat or something? I would say who of you is easier to travel? You could create a go fund me account and get the funds. There is always a possibility. I never give up but life has only got tougher on me. I think if you both really want to be together there is always a possibility.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 11:58 pm #182297

“So I met this guy online about 2 years ago…”
    “He lives on the other side of the world, we’re both poor, and as it turns out, we both have debilitating chronic illnesses.”

It sounds like you’ve never met in person and based upon your financial situations neither of you can afford to travel.
    Long distance relationships were meant to be temporary! The goal is to (be with) the person you love.

It’s the counting down of the months, weeks, and days until one is finally done with the inconvenience of being in a LDR that keeps it strong! When there is no “light at the end of the tunnel” whereby someone will be relocating couples eventually drift apart. The only reason for entering into a LDR is the belief he/she is “the one”.
    If you’re just “dating someone” you might as well do that locally.

Couples tend to {romanticize obstacles} like distance or they adopt an “us against the world” hoping to prove others wrong.
    Someone has to move. If you can’t (be together) it’s over!

SillyWoman
    SillyWoman
    Participant
    August 24, 2018 at 4:26 pm #182629

It sounds like if you have to find a way to be closer together. If love really con conquer all I do believe it can conquer distance.

dizzy
    dizzy
    Participant
    August 24, 2018 at 8:57 pm #182642

There is always a possibility! Personally, I don’t believe there is “one” for everybody. I thought I had found the one, and after we split I believed I would never find another like him. I did. My life wasn’t over. There are so many people and options out there for you- so fight for him if you want him, there is always a chance. But don’t feel bad if you feel it’s too much and you’d rather be with someone who will give you a simpler life. You can find love elsewhere.

starcrossed
    starcrossed
    Participant
    August 27, 2018 at 8:34 am #182647

I completely agree, dizzy.

I think in the long run I will end up with someone else, but I disagree with the mindset that someone has to be “the one” you’re going out of this world with in order to have a fulfilling relationship. And evidently that’s not the only reason for entering a LDR because that wasn’t my reasoning.

I’m in love, and I’ve decided I’m just going to enjoy it for what it is. Life is long and I’m in no rush to find the person who’s going out of it with me. I’m not looking to have kids or even necessarily to get married, so just knowing there’s someone who loves me who I can talk to about anything is good enough for me.

I haven’t given up on the idea of meeting up IRL, regardless of the outcome. Life is too short to live with regrets.

Now you can all ponder whether life is long or short 😉

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies <3

LJcrazy1981
    LJcrazy1981
    Participant
    August 28, 2018 at 7:22 am #182820

If you put in the effort and have the love then I believe that you guys can make it