Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 3:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CyphorX
    CyphorX
    Participant
    December 2, 2018 at 8:19 pm #190411

It seems no matter what app or dating site I use with little exception I’m seeing the same damn faces over and over, either people I’ve already dated, gone out with or messaged before and got a “thanks but no thanks” some of these women I saw their adds online consistently for years. POF and OKC seems to think they are possible matches because of shared interests And I would agree but sadly most of them did not.

As soon as I add my search filters BAM!!! the same 20-30 people pop up with maybe a 1 or 2 new ones every few months who moved here from somewhere else.

And its not like my search filters are all that strict I’m open to any race almost any age(15 years either direction but I list 20 just in case because I’ve seen much older women I find attractive and I would not rule out a woman in her early 20’s though I would have to think hard on it.)

I pretty much only filter out women with kids(at home), obese and lives more than 15-20 miles(don’t do long distance).

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    December 4, 2018 at 12:45 pm #190480

My suggestion is to move offline. These online people are becoming awkwardly familiar to you & vice versa. If the internet is the “only” place these people manage to meet other people, there could be a social phobia issue involved. The filter systems the dating sites use is no replacement for the filter system you possess. The dating sites rely on re-curring members to make money. If dating sites were highly successful, the sites would make little money and most likely would vanish. To make money, they need people to fail, renew their membership, and repeat.
    Human courtship has been offline since the dawn of man (until about 20 years ago). Move offline is my suggestion.

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    December 4, 2018 at 12:52 pm #190483

My suggestion is to move offline. The filter system the dating sites use is no replacement for the filter system you possess. The dating sites rely on people to renew their memberships to make money. Failure leads to renewing the membership. The people in those profiles are becoming awkwardly familiar to you and vice versa. If the internet is the “only” way some of the people in those profiles manage to meet people, do you want to deal with a social phobia issue ?

Catherine Wheel
    Catherine Wheel
    Participant
    December 5, 2018 at 3:18 pm #190525

I don’t ever really go out much… so there probably are plenty of good fish out there. I just haven’t met them yet.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    December 5, 2018 at 5:54 pm #190557

knock door to door and ask everybody you meet … once you finish taht you can come back to me and ask me if i feel youve run out of local fish to date.