Do you get annoyed if someone your no longer interested in still texts you

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 5:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sandraparrish
    sandraparrish
    Participant
    March 14, 2020 at 5:12 pm #231519

Hung out with someone for the first time who I met through a dating app. Fun, playful banter before meeting. We weren’t messaging every minute of the day but it was daily. He seems like a busy guy (he would apologize if he responded late).

We spent almost 4 hours together at a place we both have never been before. There was the awkward first date energy. Nobody was being too forward. It was mostly friendly but I thought it was good for a first meeting. We were making jokes and asking about each other. He was surprised about how long we were together. It was fun and he said so as well. He asked if I was going to have a busy week ahead and I told him nah but I have this thing I’m going to the next day, and I casually invited him but he said he also has plans (so, I kinda made it known that I wanna see him again, yeah??)

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 15, 2020 at 9:55 pm #231538

“Hung out with someone for the first time who I met through a dating app.”
    “We weren’t messaging every minute of the day but it was daily.”
    “We spent almost 4 hours together at a place we both have never been before.”
    ” There was the awkward first date energy.”
    “I casually invited him but he said he also has plans…”

First of all the fact you start off by saying you “hung out” with someone implies a lack of romantic interest.
    Essentially neither of you approach this as being a real “date”. You just agreed to meet and “hang out”.

Secondly it appears your communication was primarily text messages and not verbal conversations.
    It’s hard to establish a “real rapport” with someone via text nor determine if there is any chemistry.

Third it’s usually not good to make a “first date” a “marathon date”. They rarely lead to “second dates”.
    You’re better off keeping it at about 2 hours and leaving them wanting more time with you.

He’s not into you!
    Normally if a guy is attracted to woman and she invites him to do something he’ll say yes.
    If there’s a conflict he’ll suggest another day or time.
    If someone wants to be with you they will (make) the time!
    My guess is he didn’t attempt to kiss you and has not called or texted you since the date.

NDGal246
    NDGal246
    Participant
    March 27, 2020 at 2:28 pm #232234

Since he asked about your week, he may be interested in seeing you again. You could always send him a casual text that doesn’t require a reply. See if or how he responds. It’s worth a try. Maybe he is wondering if you liked him on the date? If you reach out casually then he may take that as a hint that you are interested in continuing to talk.

tephros
    tephros
    Participant
    March 28, 2020 at 4:04 am #232261

I hate when things are ambiguous like that, but they often are since people tend not to be blunt. Probably not interested, but not 100% sure. I agree with NDGal that it’s worth reaching out if you’re interested. If he’s like me he might have thought it wasn’t going anywhere romantic and so wasn’t worth the time. Getting a text from somebody I’m not interested in is not annoying, it’s mildly flattering. It’s the ones who quadruple text daily for days on end – that’s when it’s annoying but also my own fault if I’m not clear with them.

Edit: Though I just realized this was weeks ago. How did it turn out?