Do you think he likes me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 3:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

funkymonkey
    funkymonkey
    Participant
    January 5, 2019 at 10:11 am #191956

Okay, so I’ve really started liking a friend I’ve known for three years (he knows I like him btw) and im told by many people that he’s giving me mixed signals. He playfully teases me (but he does that with a few other female friends), he’s played with my hair on multiple occasions, he told one of his close friends that me playing with his hair was “the best feeling in the world, even better than sex” (not sure if that’s kinda weird or really sweet), he told another friend that he thought I was attractive, told my brother he thought I was hot, (*sidenote* everyone that told me this said he was being serious when he said it) hugs me a lot (especially if I’m sad), constantly pesters me to tell him what’s wrong when I am upset, etc.

funkymonkey
    funkymonkey
    Participant
    January 5, 2019 at 10:12 am #191957

The problem is he’s moving soon (not too far away, but still far enough that I won’t be able to see him all the time) and I think he might like, or liked, one of my friends. He’s still giving signals though, like we constantly talk on Snapchat (we’re eachothers number one best friend), will sometimes say goodnight to end the conversation but continue to talk to me and, to top it all off he recently liked an instagram photo I had posted and commented “looking good (my name) 😁❤”.

Can anybody tell me what this means because I keep overanalysing everything and I think an outsiders perspective would be helpful. Thanks.

Also, sorry if my grammar is poor, I can’t be assed to fix it at the moment.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 5, 2019 at 1:48 pm #191959

“Do you think he likes me?” “(he knows I like him btw)”
    And yet he has never asked you out or attempted to kiss you.

“he told one of his close friends that me playing with his hair was “the best feeling in the world, even better than sex”
    Clearly this would indicate he has had sex is not all that extremely shy around girls/women.

Generally speaking if you have to “figure a guy out” it means he’s not really into you.

Forget about looking for “signs”, “liking photos on Instagram”, and “snapchat conversations”.
    If you really like this guy invite him out to lunch or to go see a movie.
    Your only other option is to keep (waiting) for “another sign” and hoping one day he’ll ask you out.

If he has no romantic interest in you then move on.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Best wishes!

incanada
    incanada
    Participant
    January 6, 2019 at 12:48 am #191961

He likes you.
    But I feel the only way to know HOW he likes you is past actions. Does he easily ask girls out? Is he shy? If he’s been single a long while he may be the type who’s nervous to make the first move. But in a nutshell this is friend zone level stuff and you’re hoping to breach that wall.

topdav
    topdav
    Participant
    January 6, 2019 at 3:35 pm #191979

Yeah he definitely likes you.