Does he just want casual sex?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 6:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Shazzer
    Shazzer
    Participant
    June 10, 2020 at 2:28 pm #234818

Does this mean he just wants casual sex? I’m confused where I go from here, if there is a way to move forward?

I like you, I really fancy you and I want to get to know you. Do I want a relationship with you? I don’t know yet, that comes from spending time with each other. I am not in a rush to tie you into a comitted relationship. I am happy to take it slowly, hang out and see how things pan out. Sex will happen as and when it feels right (I hope). I love it when you flirt with me, it makes me feel excited but I do analyse it and worry that I’m reading too much into it

Him:I think we want different things, I want some proper lust from a relationship with someone, I think its best we stop the flirting and just carry on as walking buddies. Who knows what will happen in the future futher down the line. Ive met you twice now and feel like its too full on thinking about what might happen once we get to know each other, I want spontaneity and excitement not indepth conversations. Sorry.

Shazzer
    Shazzer
    Participant
    June 10, 2020 at 2:42 pm #234819

The rest of the conversation

Me:Wow I did get that wrong! I think we’ve both been hurt by certain scenarios and are hesitant to go back there again.
    Understood. No need to be sorry, I appreciate the honesty.

Him:You want the romance and build up first. I want the physical side first.
    Nothing wrong with both wanting different things Sharon. Will you still walk with me?

Me:This time you’re wrong, I want the lust and the passion as well as the romance. I’m scared of following the lust and passion first, because I ended up feeling like a fool last time I did that. Like a dirty little secret.
    Of course I will.

Him:Good, youre a good walking companion. I look forwards to our adventures👍

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 12, 2020 at 12:18 am #234895

“Does he just want casual sex?”

“Him: I think we want different things, I want some proper lust from a relationship with someone,
    “I think its best we stop the flirting and just carry on as walking buddies..”

Sounds to me like he’s being upfront and honest by stating he’s looking for a “friends with benefits” arrangement.
    He doesn’t want to be tied down in an exclusive committed relationship with you. A lot of guys will fake romance to get sex.

There really is no “right” or “wrong” only “agree” or “disagree”.
    The goal is to find someone who naturally agrees with you!

Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    There is no amount of “communication” or “work” that which can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want.

If you have no desire to have causal sex with him you need to decide whether or not you can remain platonic friends.
    Languishing in the “friend zone” with someone you have a crush on can be torture!

Shazzer
    Shazzer
    Participant
    June 12, 2020 at 8:17 am #234898

Don’t think there’s a way forward?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 12, 2020 at 12:29 pm #234911

Not really. Love yourself enough to go where you’re appreciated.
    Thankfully there are over 7 billion other people on this planet.

In order for (him) to be “the one” he would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

You may want to read the book: My Cat Won’t Bark! (A Relationship Epiphany)

Best wishes!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    June 26, 2020 at 6:46 pm #235184

I want to try casual sex, but I’m embarrassed to meet offline, it’s easier to meet online. Maybe there’s someone here who wants to try random sex, too. Find me here, v,ht/Lisa2367

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    June 26, 2020 at 6:54 pm #235185

I want to try casual sex, but I’m embarrassed to meet offline, it’s easier to meet online. Maybe there’s someone here who wants to try random sex, too. Find me here, https:// v. ht/Lisa2367

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    June 26, 2020 at 6:55 pm #235186

)))