Does he like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does he like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

giuliaengels
    giuliaengels
    Participant
    November 10, 2018 at 3:24 pm #189166
    Does he like me?

Hey guys,

I am totally into this guy in my class at university. If someone wrote down 100 profiles of guys with their attributes, I would pick him. He seems perfect for me. He is into the same things I am, we like the same music, he’s smart, respectful and very talkative. He’s friendly with everyone in class and makes jokes from time to time. Now at the beginning of the semester he came and talked to me while we were waiting for our professor to arrive. He told me about his family and we were just having a nice chat. Then we sat next to each other for 3 class meetings until we changed the room and that day he was late so there wasn’t a seat near me available anymore. Anyways, since then we didn’t really talk much. So one day I decided to be bold and I texted him. ( the entire class is in a group chat so i already had his number) I told him that i think he would fit perfectly in my friends group (which he does, they would get along so well) and invited him to a party. continued…

giuliaengels
    giuliaengels
    Participant
    November 10, 2018 at 3:29 pm #189167

He told me that he was very busy this weekend , and out of town until the evening of the party, but said he would try to make it and that he really wanted to come. Then the convo drifted to our dogs and we talked an entire day on there about our dogs. The reason he mentioned his dog is that i told him to feel free to bring any friend, girlfriend or brother or whatever he has to the party. So he then replied, I only have a dog. (it was a joke obvs, but also means he doesn’t have a gf or at least didn’t want to tell me because otherwise he could have said oh they are busy or will do or whatever. He didn’t come to the party, which i expected because who comes to some random peoples party without really knowing anyone there. Back in class we got assigned a group project. We were still talking on the chat so i asked if he already has a group and he then said that he wants to pair up with me. (Side note: he has a group of friends in that class, one guy that he knew from before also)

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 11:22 am #189173

“… I decided to be bold and I texted him.”

“…He told me that he was very busy this weekend..”

“… we talked an entire day on there about our dogs.”

“…so i asked if he already has a group…”

Does he like me? hmmmmm

So far YOU are the only one truly showing any interest.
    He didn’t initiate texting you, he hasn’t invited you to go out or anything, and he did not ask you to be his project partner.
    Sounds to me like you may be headed to the dreaded “friend zone”.

My guess is if you invited him to come over to have sex he probably would but does that mean he really likes you?
    There’s a difference between someone simply saying “yes” to suggestions and being proactive or initiating.
    Generally speaking if you have to “figure out” if someone is into you they’re probably not.

A long shot possibility is he’s really (shy) is girls have to hit on him and make all of the plans.
    If (he does not initiate any social plans with you) while working on this project you should move on.

valid9403
    valid9403
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 5:12 pm #189191

If I liked a girl I would have tried to get to that party. And not asking you to be in his group is a bad sign. You could try asking him in person if he wants to get lunch or coffee.

giuliaengels
    giuliaengels
    Participant
    November 13, 2018 at 8:27 am #189168

So he said that he would talk to me after class. After class it then was really awkward. Like he’s a very talkative person, and me too but we both were weird. I didn’t know what to say because i was nervous and he was like stuttering, walked into a wall and was actively thinking about what to say. He laughed at my really bad joke.. and then we decided to talk some more after next class. So in class he sometimes look my way ( I sit behind him to the right so he actively turns his head. (we are only guys in the class except me , engineering, so unless he’s gay he must be looking at me lol)
    Now idk what to do. I feel like he should do something because i already texted him in the first place and invited him to the party. If he likes me he would do something about it right? But at the same time i just have the feeling that he likes me. What should I do?

giuliaengels
    giuliaengels
    Participant
    November 13, 2018 at 8:27 am #189169

in class he looks at me often, turns his head around.
    And when we met after class to talk about the project we were both really awkward. Like he stuttered and walked into a wall… literally.. and we were acting just really weir.

So summing it up idk what to do now. I feel like he should make a move because i already invited him once.