Does he like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does he like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2019 at 3:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sk123
    sk123
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 11:29 pm #201096
    Does he like me?

So I’m a sophomore in high school, but please still read the whole thing, I really like this guy.
    So the guy, let’s call him John, is a year older than me and is homeschooled. We met at an out-of-school theatre, cause we both work backstage during performances. He was new to the backstage ‘experience,’ so he shadowed me for a bit, and I showed him the ropes. We talked a lot more and became super close, and before I say any more I think it is important to note that he is a MALE MODEL!! But, my best friend, who we’ll call Cassie, developed a crush on him and asked one of our other friends, let’s call her Jane, to ask him if he likes Cassie. So Jane asks John if he likes Cassie, and he told her that he likes her as a friend only, but he likes someone else who worked backstage. I know I shouldn’t have been, but I was pretty excited since that ‘someone else’ could possibly be me. Later, when summer started, we went to Jane’s graduation pool party and I couldn’t get in the pool… 1/2

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by sk123 sk123.
    sk123
    sk123
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 11:33 pm #201097

so he stayed with me for the whole three hours. As we left, he hugged me and said ‘you look really pretty with your hair down’. Me being slightly overweight, I don’t hear that stuff often and I don’t know how to comprehend, so I just smiled and left. He WATCHED ME as I left and I texted him the next morning saying thanks for staying with me, and he didn’t answer me. Then Cassie texted him and he answered immediately, but it’s been three days and he still hasn’t texted me back. Does he like me? Leave what you think, please! 2/2

Darkdreamer
    Darkdreamer
    Participant
    May 27, 2019 at 8:24 am #201105

I think if he truly cares about you, he will be in touch. Always remember to take pride in yourself and don’t let someone play with your feelings. Bottom line – if he’s interested, he will definitely text you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 27, 2019 at 5:37 pm #201127

He likes you but he’s not looking for you to become his girlfriend.
    If a guy was into a girl he wouldn’t allow (3 days) to go by before giving her a reply.
    Instead he’d be concerned some other guy might be hitting on you.

Generally speaking if yo have to “figure out a guy” it usually means he’s not into you.

At this stage in your life dating is all about having fun and gaining life experience.
    Very few if any people meet their “soulmate” at age 16 or 17.
    Therefore don’t allow yourself to become overly invested one way or the other.
    If he reaches out to you that’s cool. If he doesn’t that’s cool too.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Best wishes!

sk123
    sk123
    Participant
    May 28, 2019 at 8:24 am #201116

thank you! but i think i like him so much i don’t know how to move on if he doesn’t like me. Does anyone have any advice on that?

Tabithaclark
    Tabithaclark
    Participant
    May 30, 2019 at 9:04 pm #201417

Try to list all the bad qualities about him. For one, it sounds like he’s ignoring you. Whether he likes you or not isn’t the point because maybe he’s trying to see if YOU like HIM and wants to leave you hanging. The fact that your friend likes him but he doesn’t like her but still texts her is another thing that isn’t too great.
    It’s hard to get over a guy, especially if you are not confident in yourself (which btw, you def should be bc I’m sure you’re pretty and awesome) and you’re determining your self worth by if a guy likes you or not. Don’t do this. Remember that even if you’re head over heels for this guy he isn’t as great as you imagine him to be.
    Maybe I’m being to harsh about him, but the best way to get over a guy is think about these kinds of things.
    Good luck!

sk123
    sk123
    Participant
    June 2, 2019 at 2:36 am #201508

well, big update, he wants to meet one of my guy friends who he and i both know has a crush on me, and he said, and i quote ” i couldn’t handle it if someone else made you smile like I make you smile.” and i think that’s a damn good sign that he likes me. but even if he doesn’t, thank you everyone for your help, and tell me anything else that could help!

Thumper1978
    Thumper1978
    Participant
    June 8, 2019 at 10:12 am #201731

It sounds like he’s a nice guy who isn’t interested in more than friendship.