Does she actually like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 2:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ExcaliberCop
    ExcaliberCop
    Participant
    June 25, 2018 at 11:12 am #177866

I invited a coworker to come hangout and drink with my friends the other night. I like her but I ask her here to build a friendship, not a relationship because we are coworkers. To be clear, if given the opportunity, I would date her.

However, there were signs that night that she was into me according to my friends. 1. Touchy. 2. Never left my side. I assumed this was because she doesn’t know anyone. 3. She drove 25 minutes to this hangout 2.5 hours after it started, and stayed until 12:40am even though she had to wake up early. 4. Had my hand almost on her boob a couple times checking her heartbeat with one of this doctor tools.

Supposedly I was suppose to kiss her when I walked her to her car at the end of the night. I didn’t see these signs at the time.

I asked her if she made it home safe and thanks for coming out.
    She said “Yeah I had fun!”
    I said me too yada-yada-yada, do you want to get ice cream tomorrow night or later this week?

ExcaliberCop
    ExcaliberCop
    Participant
    June 25, 2018 at 11:13 am #177867

She said “I’m busy tomorrow night but maybe later this week!” Now keep in mind that she is using exclaimation marks.
    I asked about thursday night
    She said “I’ll let you know!” Keep in mind that she is using exclamation marks.

Are we just friends or are my friends right when they say she likes me?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 25, 2018 at 2:53 pm #177890

“I invited a coworker to come hangout and drink with my friends the other night.”
    “I like her but I ask her here to build a friendship, not a relationship because we are coworkers.”
    To be clear, if given the opportunity, I would date her.”

You’re sending (her) mixed signals.
    If you want to date someone you don’t ask them to “hang out”.
    “I was suppose to kiss her when I walked her to her car at the end of the night. I didn’t see these signs at the time.”
    (Either you were afraid to kiss her or you sensed she’s not romantically interested in you.) Always be honest with yourself!

“do you want to get ice cream tomorrow night or later this week?” (You didn’t mention your age group but this sounds like a lame offer)
    I wouldn’t read anything into her use of exclamation marks since she uses them for everything. {“I’ll let you know!”}
    The ball is in her court now. She should let you know what day works for her (if) she’s interested.
    Sounds like a “friend zone” to me.

wendell1960
    wendell1960
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 9:18 am #177950

Always state your intentions with a girl. Be direct

ExcaliberCop
    ExcaliberCop
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 9:27 am #177919

I’ll be honest man. i understand it can be hard to convey feeling over a limited text chat forum. But you are out oftouch if you think not to read into exclamation marks. I appreciate the feedback however.

Arcann85
    Arcann85
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 9:28 am #177931

Yeah, that or she’s insecure and is playing hard to get — either one is a red flag… just talk to more girls.

magic
    magic
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 4:20 pm #178038

“Had my hand almost on her boob a couple times checking her heartbeat with one of this doctor tools.”
    She was getting sexual.
    Time to escalate 😀

nitroz6
    nitroz6
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 7:17 pm #178050

I don’t think your intentions are that unclear as others may suggest but it doesn’t hurt to be more direct for sure. Provided you’re okay with possible rejection that is. I’d advise just offering to take her to dinner and when asking call it a “date” explicitly.

Sebastian Cobb
    Sebastian Cobb
    Participant
    June 29, 2018 at 4:33 pm #178476
    Reply To: Does she actually like me?

I’d say she was interested in you

Gammon
    Gammon
    Participant
    July 8, 2018 at 1:26 pm #178722

She probably likes you.

sarahmunden
    sarahmunden
    Participant
    July 8, 2018 at 8:17 pm #178726

She’s likely confused!

k1991
    k1991
    Participant
    July 13, 2018 at 8:30 pm #179321

I think she likes you and now she thinks you aren’t interested in her (not kissing her that night). Definitely make your move when you get ice cream.

longjohns22
    longjohns22
    Participant
    July 16, 2018 at 8:43 pm #179514

SHe likes you bro

wp255
    wp255
    Participant
    July 16, 2018 at 8:50 pm #179516

Decent chance, go for it!