Does she just see me as a friend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 8:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rob Black
    Rob Black
    Participant
    March 12, 2018 at 7:04 pm #167245

There’s a girl and for the last 3 weeks we have been talking on FB everyday. We have good conversations and a lot in common. We fairly often exchange sweet, supportive compliments. Yesterday we had a casual coffee (certainly not a date) and afterwards she said she couldn’t believe I’d never been to a restaurant she’d mentioned and that we had to go, which is now arranged but still not premised as a date and could just be as friends. I listed a few other things I wanted to do together and she said ‘let’s do them ALL’. We clearly get on and I can make her laugh a lot. All the compliments we exchange are on things like dress sense, how we think the other is talented, etc. They aren’t compliments on physical appearance (perhaps small ones infrequently). One thing that throws me a tad, is 2-3 times she’s mentioned little celebrity crushes she has, which I don’t think I would mention to someone I fancied. However, I’d rather hear about celebrity crushes than genuine ones. Thoughts? Thanks

God
    God
    Participant
    March 12, 2018 at 9:33 pm #167248

She likes you for sure.

confusedhurler
    confusedhurler
    Participant
    March 13, 2018 at 4:42 am #167269

She clearly likes you

Doomsy
    Doomsy
    Participant
    March 13, 2018 at 4:47 am #167272

Probably likes u.

ptown18
    ptown18
    Participant
    March 15, 2018 at 1:42 am #167408

She seems to like you. Just keep getting to know her.

sinbad2011
    sinbad2011
    Participant
    March 15, 2018 at 2:41 am #167413

She likes you. No question about it.

If you like her back, i suggest you take more initiative to make things happen or she will get sick of the chase and find another guy who is going to take initiative.

As men, it is our duty to move the relationship forward. Do not be afraid to put yourself out there. If she’s out with you, assume she is attracted. Get excuses to hold her hands like comparing hand sizes and all that stuff.

jj817
    jj817
    Participant
    March 15, 2018 at 6:17 am #167417

I going through some thing similar to you as well. from what I can gave in my evidence and yours you should give to a go if you like here back

T.J
    T.J
    Participant
    March 18, 2018 at 12:53 pm #167656

This might not be the best advice here, but I think the best way for you to proceed with this is by actually giving her a kiss after the restaurant “date” ends. 🙂 Just offer to walk her home and while doing this hold her hand while crossing a road, but DO NOT let her go first, unless she does.
    You can also try giving her a kiss while at the restaurant, but in here the context should also help you. First of all, you should always try and get a table where the two of you do not sit far from each other; try sitting right next to her and see how she reacts. Make a lot of eye contact, but not like a perv. Try a few times to see if she would look at you for more than 4 seconds – if yes, she’d like to be more than friends. Also, pay attention to her pose (if she mimics yours, somehow), if she plays with her hair a lot (that’s a good sign). At certain points try lowering your voice a bit to see if she would come close to you in order to understand what you’re trying to say.

T.J
    T.J
    Participant
    March 18, 2018 at 1:25 pm #167657

All in all, you just need to take initiative. Try not to act as a “friend” with her; try touching her occasionally on her arm (if you feel brave enough, try going for a slight touch on her knee when both of you are laughing at something). Don’t be desperate, throw a compliment on her looks (the way she dressed, or even on her shoes – women love shoes), her perfume etc but DO NOT OVER-DO IT! One compliment about her looks and one compliment about her personality (funny, charismatic, caring, vulcanic etc).

This might seem like too much info to grasp at once, but you just have to be a man, show her you want to be more than friends (not by directly saying it).
    If you kiss her and she pulls back, don’t engage the awkward mode. Just smile and oh… DO NOT SAY SORRY! You kiss her when you feel like it. If she doesn’t pull back, enjoy the moment, no matter in the restaurant or at her place. After you split, wait a while and send her a text about the date (“hope you had fun” kind of text).