Does she really mean this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 6:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

brick-49
    brick-49
    Participant
    May 14, 2018 at 9:19 am #173062

So I recently met a girl who works at a bar I go to. I hung out with her in a group and we got along very well so I decided to ask her for dinner. She told me she would like to go with me but she is going through a breakup from a long distance relationship that she has been in. She doesn’t know what is going to happen but right now she is not emotionally ready to go on a date with someone. However in the future once she figures out her current situation maybe we can go on a date. I have seen her a few times since I asked and have texted her a bit(not too much as I don’t want to push anything) but it seems to me that there could be something between us. Do you guys think she really means what she said, or was she just giving me an excuse and trying to be nice? I really like her so I think it would be worth waiting a bit but I just need some opinions on if its a good idea or not? Thanks

Coach_Michael21
    Coach_Michael21
    Participant
    May 14, 2018 at 11:41 am #173070

Hi there,

I would be able to gauge a lot more from this situation if you could clarify a bit more on what you mean when you say “it seems to me that there could be something between us.” What specifically about your interactions with this girl lead you to say this?

brick-49
    brick-49
    Participant
    May 14, 2018 at 11:59 am #173072

Sure I will list a few:
    1. She smiles at me every time I see her
    2. Just this past weekend when I saw her as she was talking to me she put her hand on mine and left it there until she walked away
    3. When we were hanging out in the group she basically talked to only me the whole night
    4. She told a friend of mine that she thought I was a great guy without him even asking
    5. Laughs at what I say even if it inst something very funny
    6. The very few times I do text her it has always turned into a very nice conversation.
    7. I just feel a strong connection to her for some reason. Different than I ever felt with any other girl and I think she feels it too so I really hope I am right.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info