Does she want me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does she want me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 12:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

twithers
    twithers
    Participant
    February 26, 2020 at 9:26 pm #230546
    Does she want me?

Almost everyday a female coworker and I have breakfast together at work, eat lunch together and, usually, we take an afternoon break together to go for a walk. We also leave work together and talk on the way to our cars. Sometimes each of these interactions are at her urging. Sometimes they are at mine. Even if we wind up going to lunch in a group, she and I will end up walking side by side, talking together by ourselves.

A few days ago, we were out at one such group lunch and split off to browse through a novelty store together. We laughed and joked around before heading back to the office. Once there, she had one of those fortune cookies left over from lunch. She opened it to read the fortune inside. Straight away she handed it to me saying “Here is some good advice for you.” The fortune said “Don’t fear to cross the line”. Was she giving me a hint that wants me to ask her out? I’m terrible at reading women, so any advice would be appreciated.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by twithers twithers.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 27, 2020 at 5:43 pm #230611

“Was she giving me a hint that wants me to ask her out?”
    Forget about fortune cookies and your fear of rejection.

Do YOU want to take her out on date?

Up until now all you’ve done is “hang out” with a “co-worker”.
    It doesn’t sound like you have engaged in any {flirtatious banter} or playful incidental touching.
    One would think if you’ve been having breakfast and lunch together {almost everyday} there would be personal discussions.
    You didn’t mention whether or not your conversations include weekend plans, outside work interests, and activities.

If you’re romantically interested in her don’t expect her to make the first move.
    Simply say; “I’ve been thinking a lot about your fortune cookie from the other day for some reason.”
    “Would you be interested in getting together this weekend to….(have dinner, see a movie, play, for cocktails, dancing or whatever)? Hopefully during all of your talks you’ve learned something about what she enjoys doing.

You’ve got nothing lose.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Kim_1989
    Kim_1989
    Participant
    February 29, 2020 at 2:29 pm #230650

I believe that this is very hard to tell… Why don’t you find out by asking her out?

weracouple
    weracouple
    Participant
    March 2, 2020 at 10:59 am #230693

coming from a female here…it does sound like she has at least some interest so why not take a chance.

Whythough
    Whythough
    Participant
    March 2, 2020 at 12:42 pm #230694

I think it’s sounds like she’s giving you hints. If you’re interested, you should give it a try.

thenoto2020
    thenoto2020
    Participant
    March 3, 2020 at 6:23 am #230718

She likes you man go for it.

Xedrek99
    Xedrek99
    Participant
    March 4, 2020 at 2:56 pm #230852

Women are hard to read sometimes through just words. Did she give any eye contact that pushed on the idea that she wanted to have a relationship? Body language is also a very strong trait to watch for with Women too. If she is comfortable enough to hangout, go out to eat all the time and even hint in such a way, I say put the cards on the table IF you are wanting that step too. Ask yourself if that is what you want with too before making that step. Once it is done, it is rough/ awkward to still be friends.

ksv333
    ksv333
    Participant
    March 4, 2020 at 9:34 pm #230872

Sounds like a cute hint to me, I can’t imagine myself doing that without an underlying meaning.

Looloo12
    Looloo12
    Participant
    March 5, 2020 at 12:47 am #230877

She definitely seems she enjoys your company at least so that’s good!! She’s either already interested or will get there eventually. I’d say take your shot!

theplug
    theplug
    Participant
    March 5, 2020 at 1:46 am #230883
    Reply To: Does she want me?

If uncomfortable to ask on the spot, maybe ask for their number or set up a date, and if you really wanna play it safe add the words as a friend, then after the date maybe. I really had a good time with you, then try reading what she has to same back. The slower you go into it the less chance of backfire but sounds like she has decent amount of attraction to you

datingstudent
    datingstudent
    Participant
    March 5, 2020 at 5:19 am #230890

You don’t sound that bad at reading women to me, you know that those moments spending time together are somewhat on purpose and important (enough to bring it up here).

I can sense the pressure of the situation being coworkers and flirty it has to be weird. So if I were you I would try making it natural for the two of you to spend more time together, you could go out with her and other coworkers (you know you’ll end up talking to her). Try to find out if you have things in common and once you have something you can do with her, ask her.

To make myself clear it should feel like you enjoy each other’s company and you want to spend more time together.

Pigeon
    Pigeon
    Participant
    March 5, 2020 at 4:58 pm #230958

She’s definitely into you. If she wasn’t she would be more independent. It is a tricky line to cross though, seeing as you do work together.

It could get really weird if something goes wrong after a few months and you still have to see each other.

I’d take it slow and just hangout as friends a few times before even thinking about “dates”

anneyyy
    anneyyy
    Participant
    March 12, 2020 at 12:59 am #231401

I believe it is all in the delivery. How did she say that? The words by themselves are very telling, she likes you and wants you to make a move. Did she say it with a serious tone? If it were me I would go for it. I’m a 22 year old F and if a guy said this to me I would probably start feeling things out. Maybe a casual touch to the arm or leg during a laughable moment.

123doreme
    123doreme
    Participant
    March 12, 2020 at 2:38 pm #231429

She knows deep down there is a connection, and she’s afraid to admit it. She is indirectly hinting for you to make the move, so YES, she wants you! I’m only speaking from experience. I became best friends with a male coworker, who i did not find attractive at all. We truly enjoyed each others company, strictly platonic and no feelings. We’ve now been dating for five years. In hindsight, deep down I knew I really cared for him and wanted to be with him. Take a chance and make the first move!

DenverGuy
    DenverGuy
    Participant
    March 14, 2020 at 9:35 am #231515

Cross that line!

1 2